Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yes I would recomend it, I would think unless your Intake manifold is off , you are going to half to take off oil filter anyways..

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to remove the IM, because I'm going to install my fitting for my oil feed. I rather just take it off and have room to work. Beside taking of the IM is easy anyway.

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
you don't have to drain the oil, but as stated, it will be hard to do the install with the oil filter in the way... so it would be a good time to change the oil.

why go through the headache of removing the IM? I had no trouble installing an oil pressure guage from under the car with the oil filter removed.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
im guessing this is for the oil sending line to your turbo..

you're going to have to pull your oilpan anyways to do the return line, so the oil will have to be out anyways.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I didn't think about the oil filter. I was just curious if oil would go everywhere when I removed it. The thing is I only have like 400 miles on the oil in car now. taking off the IM isn't really that big of a deal to me (EF??)

Well, I'm going to mount a t fitting to the firewall and just plug the other end, so when it's time (I've been lagging, still need a bunch of shit, and money to buy it) to run the oil line it's right there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts