Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend with the built teg bought a drag turbo and manifold. the auction said it was for a dual cam but it's for a sohc. so anyways i have been thinking about upgradeing my turbo kit since i will have a built motor now. with the drag turbo kit can i keep my a/c? he doesn't have the down pipe or anything else just the turbo and manifold. i am thinking i might sell my greddy kit to buy this and finish up the kit if it will be easy. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
i havent seen a drag kit in a LONG time, i forget which side the intake piping is coming off of, if i remember correctly, the gen3 kit has the piping shooting out towards the right if youre standing in front of the car looking at it...if this is the case, i am 90% sure you can not keep the a/c...i just talked to my friend today with a built hatch turbo and he was saying his kit was a drag (im pretty sure its a modified revhard tho) and thats how his piping is and its right where the condenser is...

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's set up like the greddy kit is with a much larger turbo and a external wastegate.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just looked it up on another site and it says "gen 3" can keep a/c. how do i tell if it's a gen 3 manifold? either way i think i might go with it.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
only way is to compare it to the parts list for the kit...im pretty sure drag doesnt make their own parts, they just piece together from differnt manufacturers to make what they feel is the *best turbo setup*

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, i think i might go for it. i will have the need for a bigger for sure.

O

·
0 Posts
good basic kit, SHITTY fueling... Also half the time the piping doens't fit right so expect some R&D on the piping end. but it's a good turbo kit once you get it finished and installed. It's about 3/4ths plug and play vs the other kits that are fully bolt and go.

O

·
0 Posts
yes you can keep your as as lon as the downpipe is setup properly. I'm using the drag on my project (manifold).

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would only be useing the drag manifold and turbo. i'll be running uberdata, custom coach intercooler, etc etc. i will have to make my own down pipe and wastegate dump tube as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts