Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
these are usually found on ebay but i have a local seller that keeps them in stock, they are probably better than the shittier, shiny equal length manis we see in the kits. Just wondering if anyone has used one recently. I did a quick search on H-T and the only result that turned up showed the first guy to make over 400WHP on a Vitara setup used this as his first mani. So just looking for some other experiences.

Seems like it will be pretty strong since it is a cast manifold, but it is made in China.
I plan on making about 250-300whp on the daily on my setup.

Heres the local store:
http://www.razorbladeracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=59

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
NP, diden't see the place you mentioned is in Canada.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i run one, its ok. they will work in an 88-91 chassis, but it is very tight and somewhat difficult to get bolted up, oil lines connected, etc. not to mention that your turbo compressor HAS to face the passenger side, because otherwise it will not fit. if you had a '92+ it wouldnt be a big deal, but in the cramped EF engine bay, its tough.

i am acutally switching to a different manifold because of all the problems this one has given me

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i run one, its ok. they will work in an 88-91 chassis, but it is very tight and somewhat difficult to get bolted up, oil lines connected, etc. not to mention that your turbo compressor HAS to face the passenger side, because otherwise it will not fit. if you had a '92+ it wouldnt be a big deal, but in the cramped EF engine bay, its tough.

i am acutally switching to a different manifold because of all the problems this one has given me
is this with the full rad or a half rad?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
hmmm well whats a good one to go with then thats still relatively affordable, you know something that doesnt cost $500+. hows a HF mani for fitment? with something like a t3/t4 57trim?
HF...ehh kinda ghetto. not that it doesnt work well, but thats more of a super low budget trick

why not just buy a log manifold?

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
HF...ehh kinda ghetto. not that it doesnt work well, but thats more of a super low budget trick

why not just buy a log manifold?
hmmm ya i was just askin cause my buddy has a HF mani modded into a topmount that he wants to get rid of. Ya i guess the log might be the economical route to go with. who makes a good one? how are the quality of the CRP logs? my original plan was to get a short tubular one from tuner toys. which is a bit more than the log

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
hmmm ya i was just askin cause my buddy has a HF mani modded into a topmount that he wants to get rid of. Ya i guess the log might be the economical route to go with. who makes a good one? how are the quality of the CRP logs? my original plan was to get a short tubular one from tuner toys. which is a bit more than the log
if i were to buy a log, i would PM csaddict on here or HMT and ask him. but thats me...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
if i were to buy a log, i would PM csaddict on here or HMT and ask him. but thats me...
either him or autoworks on here. Greg has some a/c and non a/c compatible logs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts