Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have been reading and researching and either I'm blind or I'm not seeing what I'm looking for.

Basically I have 90' Civic Hatch DX with Dpfi Fuel injection.:bsflag:

I am wanting to convert to MPFI. The reading I have done says you need basically 89-91 Si everything. Intake Mani, Harness, Injectors, Distrib, ect....

My question is: Does any of the basic requirements change if I want to use a D16Z6 Intake manifold?

I ask because I have a D16Z6 intake laying around. From what I understand, it would be one of the best intake manifolds to use.

Thanks in advance for help.

·
Registered
610 Posts
No. I think the tps wiring is reversed on the z6 mani, but I might be wrong. FYI - You can also use a HF distributor.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
the z6 intake will work just fine the only thing u need to adjust is you need to use a Z6 fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator.

the a6 regulator doesnt bolt to the z6 fuel rail and the a6 fuel rail doesnt bolt to the z6 IM

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
No. I think the tps wiring is reversed on the z6 mani, but I might be wrong. FYI - You can also use a HF distributor.
tps wiring is reversed mpfi and dpfi in general not specifically between generations.

Hit up sleepingciv his conversion harnesses make the wiring painless!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts