Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.angelfire.com/d20/hcivic88/dx-siwiring.html

it says the si wiring harness will be much harder to use...does this mean i dont have to get the si wiring harness? if so how would i connect the wires to the injectors without the extra plugs that attach to the injectors?

·
Registered
'06 GMC Sierra Crew
170 Posts
Pick up a complete Si engine harness. You will use more than just the injector plugs off it. It will make the job MUCH easier.

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
so he needs the engine wiring harness correct????

·
Registered
'06 GMC Sierra Crew
170 Posts
if u get the Si harness, why not just get the ECU side, install and b done with it?
The ECU side is part of the main harness. So you'd need to swap over the Si main harness too. Needless to say it would be a HUGE PITA. I briefly thought about since my interior is gutted with no dash etc. and still decided against it. I cant even imagine thinking of doing that with a full interior.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ECU side is part of the main harness. So you'd need to swap over the Si main harness too. Needless to say it would be a HUGE PITA. I briefly thought about since my interior is gutted with no dash etc. and still decided against it. I cant even imagine thinking of doing that with a full interior.
thats why im going doing it the ghetto way

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
when i did, was i went to the junkyard with a 10 dollar bill, flat head screwdriver and a 10mm wrench. grabbed a resistor box, injector plugs and a random plug with 4 wires on each side, and the distributor plugs.

the 4 wires u need to lead from ecu (a3 and a7 i think?? and c1 and c2) both go into the random plug, then the 2 A wires to proper injectors, and the C wires to the distributor... as for the big distributor plug, i just depinned the stock one, and repinned them into the big one.

any questions PM me.....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Just curious on how many wires are linked to the main harness... it can't be more than 6-10... but I see your point.

·
Registered
94 G20
132 Posts
im about to do mine, but im using a boomslang obd0 to obd1 mpfi harness so i just need the injector plugs. But getting the si harness will deffinatley help you out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts