Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all my name is Matthew and I have a 1988 dx, 1.5L, DPFI and I am doing a 4 injector swap this weekend and I have all the pieces but have run into a few questions that some one might be able to answer.

I found a late 89 early 90 ECU from a 4 door 5-speed (PM6) and I was wondering if it has to run the option for the fast idle valve located on the back of the intake manifold that I have for the swap.

I have another intake manifold with the brake booster nipple sticking out of the same spot as the manifold with the FIV. So i got stuck at this point and haven't found anything on this on the net as of yet.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
What intake manifolds do you have? Usually, the IACV (intake air control valve) is on the back of the manifold, and the FICV is on the bottom of the thottle, if there is one at all (obd0 intakes don't have one). If it is the IACV you're talking about then no you don't have to run any special wires.

What you do need to do the swap is clip and connect the yellow/black wires from the current injectors and run 4 wires, one to each new injector. then run the wires from the ecu to 2 of the new injectors, there is a write up on this site and others covering it completely.

One important wiring trick needed is to swap the 2 outside wires on the clip for the Throttle position sensor. I didnt do this the first time and when i hit the gas the motor died immediately.

thank you.

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What intake manifolds do you have? Usually, the IACV (intake air control valve) is on the back of the manifold, and the FICV is on the bottom of the thottle, if there is one at all (obd0 intakes don't have one). If it is the IACV you're talking about then no you don't have to run any special wires.
I have a PM-6/HF-4 and a PM-6/HF-1 manifold. The HF-4 manifold has the Fast idle control valve located on the back- part# 4VL4858. The HF-1 Manifold doesn't have the valve on the back but has the nipple for the brake booster hose.

After searching a little more and calling a few people; apparently the valve comes from a D16 head and I have pulled the HF-1 manifold to use that one seeing as how the PM6 doesn't "see" that particular valve.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts