Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Honda?
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking into performing a DPFI-MPFI conversion on a 1990 Civic DX automatic trans. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing anything for this conversion?

So far it looks like I need:

Complete MPFI intake manifold from a Civic/CRX Si or HF
PS9 ECU from a 1988-1991 Civic four door EX with the automatic transmission
Injector resistor box
Wire/heatshrink for the wiring

Anything else? After doing this, I would probably go with a DIY short ram intake just for a bit more kick in the pants. The girlfreind was asking me about making her car more capable of keeping up at highway speed, and this seems the best scenerio. Only catch being that the ecu choice is very limited.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Don't forget the Distributor. That's the most exspensive part and the most important.

·
Registered
Honda?
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Check! I'll add that to it. And I just need a OBD-0 distributor from a CRX Si or HF if I believe correctly, right?

Forgot to add a new intake manifold gasket.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
I would go with the SI dizzy just to be sure. I am not sure how much the auto will handle, but I do know that the manual swap is crazy easy. If you can find a donor car. The pedals are one assembly, 4 bolts. Look on eBay for a new clutch cable. So for that list it's pedals, cable, tranny, and linkage. Oh yea and don't forget the shifter.

·
Registered
Honda?
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is for my GF's car so it will stay an auto. I've been junk yarding for parts for the five speed swap on my car.

·
Registered
civic
451 Posts
here is your parts list.
Parts for MPFI on DPFI engine
MPFI Manifold (D16A6, Si engine)
MPFI Distributor (D16A6)
Injector Resistor Box (most all Honda ones will work but I recommend getting an Si one)
Injector Plugs (if your Manifold doesn't have them)
PM6 Si ECU
Extra ECU pins (only for automatics, or if your intake manifold has an FITV)

·
Registered
Honda?
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is your parts list.
Parts for MPFI on DPFI engine
MPFI Manifold (D16A6, Si engine)
MPFI Distributor (D16A6)
Injector Resistor Box (most all Honda ones will work but I recommend getting an Si one)
PM6 Si ECU
Extra ECU pins (only for automatics, or if your intake manifold has an FITV)
Thanks. That looks pretty complete, but I need the PS9 ecu since it's for OBD0 MPFI autos.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
An obd1 manifold would work also, and obd1 injectors don't require a resistor box.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Would I have to change the throttle cable too?
No, you can use your original one but it will be really long. An si throttle cable will fix that.

Btw I seriously wouldn't waste money on short ram, exhaust, or anything before a 5 speed swap. If your gf wants her car to be more driveable then that is the best choice. Fuck all the other shit for now.

·
Registered
civic
451 Posts
No, you can use your original one but it will be really long. An si throttle cable will fix that.

Btw I seriously wouldn't waste money on short ram, exhaust, or anything before a 5 speed swap. If your gf wants her car to be more driveable then that is the best choice. Fuck all the other shit for now.
so true one of the best upgades you can do is auto to man...

·
Registered
1988 CRX
544 Posts
I saw the thread title of this and thought someone had revived the thread about the dude wanting to make a DPFI turbo'd drag car...

·
Registered
Honda?
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Yeah, just trying to hook the stock air box up, but only would go short ram in the event the stock airbox didn't hook back up correctly (like the tubing being diff lengths between the diff manifolds).

Ok so I'm right now at:

MPFI Manifold (from an Si or HF
MPFI Distributor (Si or HF)
Injector Resistor Box (will use an Si)
PS9 4 door EX auto ECU
Extra ECU pins
Si throttle cable (optimum lenth)
Intake manifold gasket

She even said she'd be willing to have Rywire do the wiring harness, so that makes my life easier. :)

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Dude DO NOT pay rywire for the shit. It is not hard. Save that $$$ for a 5 speed swap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts