Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DPFI < MPFI / DX < Si

I swapped in a D16A6 Si motor from d15b2 dbfi. I did do the mpfi conversion and my friend did all the wiring.

Problem is the car won't start. My ECU is throwing a code 20. I have read around that code 20 Eletric Load Dector?

Do you know what's wrong?

We have checked the grounds and checked everything. Maybe we missed something? Where should we check at? :pinch:

It starts to turn over but stops. I know my battery was dead so we tried to jump the car. Maybe the battery is dead? Battery is only month old but it sat in my car for the month or two I have it.

He also said that I have a missing sensor under my dizzy. It looks like one of the small plugs like that go by the oil filter he said. Please help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shit... it is backwards. Sorry I haven't gotten much sleep since I work graveyard and haven't slept since I started the swap three days ago. Everything has been going smooth. Ok. So our next step is to test the ECU as the alternator is new and my friend has checked my Fuses. I know he knows what he is doing he has been working on hondas and doing swaps for like 10 years.

So what else do you guys think it could be?

And thanks for telling my title is wrong!

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
try jumping it and then start checking to see if you are getting fuel/spark.
A car needs fuel/air/spark to run. see if any of those things arent working poperly. if you dont know how to do this then i can explain how to check. but you just put a si motor in so i hope you know how to.

If your getting spark/fuel/air
check timing marks and make sure timing belt is right.
check wiring.
then double check wiring.
if all else fails... then you fail... lol

let us know. were here to help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
try jumping it and then start checking to see if you are getting fuel/spark.
A car needs fuel/air/spark to run. see if any of those things arent working poperly. if you dont know how to do this then i can explain how to check. but you just put a si motor in so i hope you know how to.

If your getting spark/fuel/air
check timing marks and make sure timing belt is right.
check wiring.
then double check wiring.
if all else fails... then you fail... lol

let us know. were here to help.
lol!

yeah well he said that he put his battery from his rex into my car and it drained it???

Question:

I am looking at the fuse box standing on the passanger side looking towards drive side. The wires for the battery and harness are on right side. Which is which? I currently have the battery going into the right slot and the harness into the left slot? Correct yes? I have the chassis ground connected and also the engine grounded to the chassis at a different location.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
**off topic**
dont send me a pm trying to be a smartass into regard to your thread that was closed about where to find injectors

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well we have narrowed it down to the wiring is some how wrong. It appears that the P.O. really did a number on the wiring harness.

:Off Topic:

And LS. I am sorry you feel that way. But you have to see where I am coming from. I was just trying to get help and you go and close my thread? But hey no hard feelings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So weird stuff is going down with the ef9... we ran to the two wires for the Two fuel injectors straight from the ECU. When the wires are connected the motor turns over a few times then the starter clicks like it doesn't have power. So we unhooked them and it turns over and runs on two cylinders.

Also about my gauge cluster. I put in a 90/91 Si cluster into my car on a 88/89 ECU so I did the wiring and switched it all around so it worked cool. Question is now that I am running a 90/91 ECU PM6 do I need to undo the wiring or re-wire it again to match the pin outs on the new ECU?

I think I am going to look for a complete Si engine harness from ECU to motor. See if that settles the problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm.... poop... >_> could I make a jumper? I was talking to my friend who did all the wiring about this... I am really considering buy a whole Si Harness.

·
Registered
735 Posts
if you do both harness' it can work. i haven't done it but have reada few threads of people swapping both of them. i think imho it would be easyer to get a DX harness and wire it for MPFI correctly and swap it out. i thought it was a pretty simple wiring conversion.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
i have an Si 91. im dont know much about wiring. but if you need a pic of something i will try my best to find it and help u. but im not sure if an Si harness works in a Dx model because it plugs into more than just the motor

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so we have traced down to bad fuel pump?? We traced the wires back to under the back seat and checked for voltage. We got voltage but no fuel pump priming action. So our next task I guess is to replace fuel pump. Yay... =(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts