Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this is my first post on this site and i have searched, but have not run across the problem i have.

1. Yes DPFI is not desireable for vtec, yada yadda...
2. Not going to wire up vtec yet, merely utilizing the little bump in compression, until i get all the things i need to do the MPFI conversion...

that being said i have a problem. I will post pics tomorrow, but im hoping someone can shed some light on this project... I got everything prepared, cleaned the block of the old headgasket, went to put new intake manifold gasket onto the z6 head, and lo and behold, there is a aqua-duct that seems to not be "sealed" by the shape of the DPFI manifold...
I have read of others doing the DPFI mini-me, and having them run, etc... but if this is so, is my intake manifold different? That water-port will be wide open to the enginebay, If someone can shed some light please let me know, again i will try to post pics tomorrow morning when i get back to the shop.
thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind...I just needed to shed some light! it was farkin dark outside and i didnt see well....lol. it wasnt even a water passage....

beginning DPFI Minime

Head off, ready to clean all the old headgasket off

man that shit is a pain to take off....especialy since lighting conditions suk

Old off, new on...Who TF is "m-tec"?????

I was getting a bit dilerious in the late hours of the day, and like i said earlier lighting conditions suk, it looked to me that the place in the middle of the head where the intake mani connnects, it looked to me that it was a water passage....durr it isnt...

ok now thats better. Head on runs great, for now untill we get the MPFI stuff needed for the conversion, the Vtec selinoid is not wired so not working...the Oil jet was removed tho, so soon i will be posting up that bit of work....

ok, thats my 5th gen lx 4dr in the back, i dropped a d16z6 in there a cuple years ago, but now a main bearing is talkin to me so ether its getting a mini me, or im getting another d16z6...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Mind if I ask your scraping strategy for the HG? I'm scraping mine with permatex gasket remover and a plastic putty knife. I think I'm on round five.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shoot i wish, really you could send it to a machine shop and thy'l shave the block and/or head, thats easy, and if you know someone, fairly inexpensive. We were in a rush to ge the car mobile on the same night, well it ended up taking the night, and the next morning.... the longest part of it was cleaning off the HG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts