Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a d15b6 motor into my '90 std hatch, I am removing the HF's mpfi from the motor, and putting on a DX manifold (DX ECU as well).

I know this will work, my friend did it before as well. What kind of power (lack of) will I see? I'm guessing about 60hp...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just wondering, but why??? You'll notice a big change I'll say that. It just seems like a lot of effort used towards downgrading. I've had to do a mpfi to dpfi before, and it was a drag.

·
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Synth said:
Just wondering, but why??? You'll notice a big change I'll say that. It just seems like a lot of effort used towards downgrading. I've had to do a mpfi to dpfi before, and it was a drag.
Fuel economy is my goal here. I need to save money, and since I got the motor for free...why the hell not? The d15b7 i put in, needs a rebuild, it basically smokes 4 or 5 quarts of oil in 500 miles, got great milage tho!

·
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DOG said:
You will probably get great gas mileage but your HP will be lacking, My guess is 55-65 hp
should be fine for a std hb right? the only thing i'd be hauling, would be my big ass and my girlfriend.

·
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
SleepingCRX88 said:
y remove the hf...its alrdy for fuel economy
what? The HF motor came from my friend's CRX, he swapped in a d16a6. My STD hatchback, had a d15b1 that was toast, so I put in a temporary d15b7, it burns so much oil, I dont want to bother with it right now, so In goes the HF.

edit: ok, now i see what you meant, the manifolds...please be more specific. The hatchback is setup for DPFI, and I'm going to LEAVE it as such for the time being.

·
Registered
741 Posts
civic90ex said:
what? The HF motor came from my friend's CRX, he swapped in a d16a6. My STD hatchback, had a d15b1 that was toast, so I put in a temporary d15b7, it burns so much oil, I dont want to bother with it right now, so In goes the HF.

edit: ok, now i see what you meant, the manifolds...please be more specific. The hatchback is setup for DPFI, and I'm going to LEAVE it as such for the time being.
Ah, that makes sense.. Some reason I thought you had already done the MPFI swap, and wanted to go back to DPFI. All is well now in the realm of life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts