Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this week my t3 went out and wanting something a little bit biger i got a deal from a friend on an rx7 turbo. When i got the manifold and turbo in I cant get the downpipe in with out pushing in on the radiator and fan. The radiator I have is a fluidyne and and I have an FAL fan. Is there any one that had the same problem and give me some advice how to get it to mesh well together so i can somewhat keep the radiator in the stock location

·
Registered
140 Posts
flip the fan to the other side and make it a PUSHER
yea you could do that - FAL makes a 'pusher' fan for that purpose (~30bucks)...

Im guessing ur a CRX chassis or 88/91 setup?? Lately i've had to remove the lower crossmember and run a traction bar setup that replace that whole piece. This allows for more room for larger DP's and larger rad's...Check this site:

buyimportperformance.com - Traction Bar kits

They are pricey but well worth they weight in gold. More traction + more room + more cooling = better, solid setup at the track and around town...

~mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No actually the car is a 96 ex. right now i got it pushed over and held up but its so cobbed and it looks stupid. The fluidyne radiator is like 2 inches thick.My friends car that the turbo was on he had the factory radiator and stock fan and the down pipe burnt the fan but the stock fan is less thick than the fluidyne, but when my t3 was in there everything was just fine

·
Registered
140 Posts
No actually the car is a 96 ex. right now i got it pushed over and held up but its so cobbed and it looks stupid. The fluidyne radiator is like 2 inches thick.My friends car that the turbo was on he had the factory radiator and stock fan and the down pipe burnt the fan but the stock fan is less thick than the fluidyne, but when my t3 was in there everything was just fine
gotcha. flip the fan on the other side and get the pusher fan thru FAL. that should solve alot of ur problems and help with underhood apperance also :TU:

·
Registered
464 Posts
small zip ties.... most aftermarket fans also have ties w/ a flat piece of plastic on one side and a spring w/ another plastic disc on the other side...

this is the fan i used... notice the plastic thingies...lol

got it at autozone for $50 they may have the tabs you need... if not get creative

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
mine is just plain zip tied to my radiator.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Dude, If i can run a h22, a gt40 turbo, 3" dp, traction bars in my 96 civic

and you cant fit that in your bay????? Maybe you shouldn't be modding your car...

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
were talking about Zip tieing the fan to the radiator... not zip tying the radiator to the car.
that and the fact the plastic ties that come with most fan kits are able to withstand high-heat. Had one on my Supra and never had any issues out of it :TU:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts