Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4dr eg
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we picked up a free 93 lude, h22a, and it has been a mess. Im down to my last code, 10 iat. And its been no go. Running p13 ecu, 13.3 volts to the iat, and nothing out the ecu. Tried to run off the ecu and that dont work. Any ideas on what else I should look for? Ecu looks good on the inside.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Ok so we picked up a free 93 lude, h22a, and it has been a mess. Im down to my last code, 10 iat. And its been no go. Running p13 ecu, 13.3 volts to the iat, and nothing out the ecu. Tried to run off the ecu and that dont work. Any ideas on what else I should look for? Ecu looks good on the inside.
Did you swap with known good component?

·
Registered
4dr eg
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sensor was swapped with a new one first, then 3 used ones that are still good.

I have not check the iat for the spec range yet. I am not sure if it is the same for the h22a or not. BUT I know it should be under five volts at the plug, NOT 13.3. I have googled for three days and have not seen anything like this at all.

I checked the ecu, and nothing was coming out of it. #15 on the d conector. With it being that way, why the steady 13.3 volts?

And the weird part is in the normal spots for chipping an ecu, it is chipped already. Stock I would guess, as it has the markings from the factory. I have no experience with the p13 ecu, and the first time I have had one

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
What color are the wires in the plug your using for the iat sensor?

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Sounds like the ground side in the harness. The ground in the engine harness is shared with 3 or 4 other sensors. I had a similar problem with my iat, cts and pressure switch. It also showed 13 volts (12.XX) on the positive side. When I grounded the sensor plug negative side to chassis, the voltage dropped to normal. Mine turned out to be a break in the wire after the ground splice. I just ran a new wire along side the harness and taped it all up nice.

·
Registered
4dr eg
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you think about grounding the wire itself? I did try to do that and hook it up to the ecu itself but it was a no go. No power was coming out of the ecu but it was at the plug.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Could you be using the wrong plug?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts