Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinkin very seriously on doing this setup on my hatch when she gets back from the body shop

Here the question:

Can I use some kind of butterflyes on the top of the 3 inches dp?? I have seen this caps on some dragster cars, I dont want to get water on my dp in case of rain, same for the dump tube??? I'll look like shit ?? lol

something like this:

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Are you looking at driving around with this setup? My buddy is currently doing the same thing... But he has a dp and dump that will exit through the hood for events, and then a regular dp and dump to drive around on.... Before anyone mentions he will be driving around with 2 holes in his hood, he has 2 hoods as well lol..

I really would suggest not driving around with an exhaust setup like that... All it takes is you parking your car at a store and someone shoving something in there to mess shit up.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just drive the car to the track and back home, but don't have roof on my garage,

better to get a car cover, and easy ???

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Id just make some sort of caps out of steel you can set on them to keep rain out while youre parked. If youre driving it enough for that to be a pain I would just not do it in general

·
Registered
487 Posts
Instead of going threw the hood why not exit it out the side of the front bumper? And then use sheet metal and rivets around the holes. Something kind of like this, IMO looks a lot cleaner.

·
Registered
841 Posts
i was always iffy on this..if you dont have a roof on your garage or a correct shelter i wouldnt do it..but if its what you want then just tarp it up..but its gonna get old every time you park it your gonna have to tarp it..and yea you can use the butterflys..looks pretty bad ass when it comes out the side of the bumper to

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4"" down pipe thru the hood, with a 2''' dump tube should look dope, imho

Have a friend with a dragster, if he have one exta flap for me , I'll try.

·
Registered
1992 cx, 1995 dx
983 Posts
I rather do a bumper dumper looks cooler when the flame coming from the side and not the top.

·
Registered
99 Civic Ex coupe
431 Posts
Through the bumper is very popular amoung DSMers and done with care looks very very clean. Being your situation i'd steer away from the hood idea.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
i am doing a hood exit exhaust on my next setup. if the car is going to be parked outdise it will have something wrapped over the exhaust and also the car cover will be on it.
ive thought about trying to make some sort of flapper. or cap for the hood. but idk how i would go to making it.

·
Registered
Jeep wrangler DD
225 Posts
Fender exit ;) haha jk.

All I do is stuff a rag in there. No water makes it past the rag. That's how I wash the car, and it sat in a rain storm for a few hours before it got tuned.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts