Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need dowel pins for a d-series... can any1 tell me the dimensions or where to get them? dont want to put head on until i find sum... any help would be great....

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
I ended up finding some in a box of hardware I have. I wasnt sure if they were from a head or a tranny, but they fit perfect. Im 99% sure you can use the same dowel pins from a tranny. Just a thought.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Ok, so I found through the parts catalog that they are the same part number. In the first diagram, its for a 93 Civic 2 dr EX. The diagram is of a manual transmission housing. The part is #15 in the diagram. The dowels that line up the two halves, and the dowels that line up the block and tranny are the same.

The second diagram is of the same car, but the head. The dowels from that are the same part number and dimensions.

So if you by chance have a tranny, or box of tranny parts laying around, the dowel pins from that are the same.

Honda Automotive Parts

Honda Automotive Parts

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
Ok, so I found through the parts catalog that they are the same part number. In the first diagram, its for a 93 Civic 2 dr EX. The diagram is of a manual transmission housing. The part is #15 in the diagram. The dowels that line up the two halves, and the dowels that line up the block and tranny are the same.

The second diagram is of the same car, but the head. The dowels from that are the same part number and dimensions.

So if you by chance have a tranny, or box of tranny parts laying around, the dowel pins from that are the same.

Honda Automotive Parts

Honda Automotive Parts
Always wondered that good to know now I don't need to do the leg work

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
when i did my first clutch job, i bent up the dowel trying to get the tranny in myself at about 4am....lol

but what i did find out is that old cheap sockets work great 8)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet cause i changed the tranny... and still have the old one... and quick question does the head take 2 or four dowel pins?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so where r they placed on the head??? i found four places that r "shouldered" and looks like they would work?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yes, the tranny dowels are exactly the same as the head dowels.

There are only 2 in the head.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Match the dowel pins by looking at where in the head gasket, they will fit through. There are only two holes that the dowel pins will fit in the head gasket, even though there are 4 spots in the head.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts