Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i need some feedback on an issue. i currently am building a po8 head, to be used on a zc block. Building involves port and polish, cams etc. Would u recommend doubling the stock valve springs for higher rpm gains? would this be feasable any-at-all?. Thanks for you response.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
sounds like someone doesn't want to spend the cash and get some nice parts.....:greddy2:

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Wat?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
No it would not work at all. You would get massive coil bind as said earlier. You best bet is to just buy the springs, since your getting all the headwork done and getting another cam, and buy some dual wound springs from supertech, isky, skunk2 etc....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Alright bear with me here, i really don't feel like spending the time to look this up but i remember reading something like this on RedPepperRacing. Someone had used the tiny valve springs from like an EW head or one of those older heads and they were small enough to fit inside of the later model larger springs. I don't remember if it was a D,B, H or whatever. I still thinks it's a dumb idea, what are a set of Supertechs, less than $250 correct? Money well spent if you ask me, some things just shouldn't be done on the cheap.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Holy hell, going the cheap ass route is just plain idiotic if there that reasonable. Thanks for the info, my A6 needs some upgraded springs soon.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts