Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when you rush things and dont double check clearances. ie rotor to case. you run into problems like this...
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

i found that clucking sound. lol. it was there some times and not other times. but yesterday morning when i started the car it was just cluck cluck cluck so i had to pull the SC to see what was going on and im glad i did.

im sure this can be fixed. just the resurface on the case and rotor ends. after that i dont think ill have clearance issues.

sad thing is ill only be able to sort this out in the new year. :'(

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sooooooo, my question is, how did this happened? You say always double check your clearances. I understand that part but I'm still trying to figure out how this happened
well the only way i can think is it was rubbing on the one side. and bit of metal where getting caught between the casing and the rotots. and the more it got stuck the more it took off. never ending cycle.

thats all i can think of.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Well atleast you found thr problem, double check then triple check is what my Tsgt say and you will never go wrong.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I had to look at this for the longest time to figure out what the hell you were talking about...I originially thought you were talking about brake rotors lol, then I realized we are talking about a blower here, and looking at the inside of the casing!

Sucks to see bro! How do you think that effected your bearings in there?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
you REALLLY need to debur and smooth the casing. that enty looks prime for dropping a chunk of metal out into the rotors' way

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had to look at this for the longest time to figure out what the hell you were talking about...I originially thought you were talking about brake rotors lol, then I realized we are talking about a blower here, and looking at the inside of the casing!

Sucks to see bro! How do you think that effected your bearings in there?
doesnt look like there were effected. but im going to clean them out and re grease. they should be fine.

you REALLLY need to debur and smooth the casing. that enty looks prime for dropping a chunk of metal out into the rotors' way
yeah that also could have been the cause. but i cant really say.

shit! that sucks to see :(

this is in your "intercooled" charger right?
yep thats the one. :(

here is a pic of the ends of the rotors. as you can see the one has a nice bit missing. but hopefuly it wont effect boost too much as it only about 4mm long on the edge of the rotor. taking it past my engineer today to see what can be done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts