Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since i've hava a crx and hanging out with duck always saying "sound stage, sound stage setup." also hearing it from bone and i think once from Bizzar. i thought why not, what the hell.

so i pick up two sets of OEM tweeds. now i'm gonna put these on my doors but i didn't know which one. but since i got off the phone with duck. i kind a answered my own question. so lets hear some opinions on what ya think. and remember opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

so here are my door panels. i feel almost ashame that i'm going cut my panels. but i do know you should have your tweeds 12" apart from your mid range speakers. oh so i've readed, it's easier to fine tune.

now here are the two sets of OEM tweedle, deedle, deedle, dee, dee. 5th gen and 6th gen.

now here are the 5th gen where i would place them.

now here are the 6th gen i can remold them but after talking with duck i realized the back plate behind the plastic molding. there's a big enough for the mirror adjustable.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
either way they don't belong in a CRX. if you're bent on cuttin something, you might as well put some good lookin aftermarket tweets in there.

i had some Boston Acoustics in my CRX and loved the sound. its too bad though the drivers side was destroyed in my accident.:TD:

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not the 5th gen in the dash??
uh, no chris.

either way they don't belong in a CRX. if you're bent on cuttin something, you might as well put some good lookin aftermarket tweets in there.

i had some Boston Acoustics in my CRX and loved the sound. its too bad though the drivers side was destroyed in my accident.:TD:
i guess you miss the point that when yopu have a componet set where you run highs and mids they should be 12" apart for a smooth frequency. thats why when you hear the ghettos rig sound systems all you hear is highs and bass. you hear no mids. then again the idiots like the scoop eq setting. i listen to metal.

make custom kicks with 6.5 components, or A-pillars
a-pillar is no even an option. why would you consider it, cause it GUSDM?(ghetto united state dumdass motor).

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
i guess you miss the point that when yopu have a componet set where you run highs and mids they should be 12" apart for a smooth frequency. thats why when you hear the ghettos rig sound systems all you hear is highs and bass. you hear no mids. then again the idiots like the scoop eq setting. i listen to metal.

word to that remo a system without mids blows to me also when im playing my metal.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
uh no i didn't. i'm just saying if you're gonna cut up/mold /ghetto rig some tweeters not made for your car, might as well buy some nice aftermarkets.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
do you have an amp for them? what is your impedance? stock deck? 2ohms stereo usually doesnt work out unless you have an aftermarket amp.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you have an amp for them? what is your impedance? stock deck? 2ohms stereo usually doesnt work out unless you have an aftermarket amp.
i think ya mistaken me for a noob in the amp department. i'm going to have everything aftermarket. i'm replacing the stock tweed with aftermarket. i just want the holders if i can call it that.

i'm going with a 4/3 channel amp to run it in a 3 channel setting. i'll be getting a 10" sub and a set of component for high and mids.

i do know i'm not going with Audiobahn. since the X-model there hasn't been any other models after that have been good.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
I know you already have the factory ones, but I have to agree with this. The aftermarket ones are going to look and sound better. The factory mounts won't look that great in the crx. A set of aftermarket ones flushed in the doors will look and sound 10x better imo.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know you already have the factory ones, but I have to agree with this. The aftermarket ones are going to look and sound better. The factory mounts won't look that great in the crx. A set of aftermarket ones flushed in the doors will look and sound 10x better imo.
damd you duck, well at least i'll have you to help me.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
same
70 Posts
i have focal utopia's in my door flushed on my 92 si it looks very clean... you can go up to 18 inches away to keep yourself with the easiest and cleanest sound tuning... good luck and im sure it will turn out very well....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts