Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a 1995 Honda civic CX. I'm going to be installing a alarm. Now I know that it has negative door triggers. The question. Are all the door triggers together (if I wire the driverside only, if someone opens the passenger or trunk is the alarm going to go off) or individual (wire the drivers and open the trunk or passenger the alarm won't go off). And if they are what type of diode am I going to have to use isolate each trigger wire.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If I recall correctly, you have to wire into the passengers side for both doors, since the drivers wont pick up both for some reason... The hood and truck are seperate triggers...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
you don't need a diode to isolate the triggers on a 92-95. Catch the door trigger wire in the driver's kick panel and it will work on all the doors. You can catch the wire for the trunk here too, use the optional trigger input for it. If you're using a dei alarm it will be the blue wire in the harness for the optional input.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
or you can tap into the dome light wire in the a pillar! especially since youre running the antenna to the top of the windshield for optimum reception...right?

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
or you can tap into the dome light wire in the a pillar! especially since youre running the antenna to the top of the windshield for optimum reception...right?
thats where mine is at, on the dome switch since it is activated by both.:beer:

·
Registered
698 Posts
use the light green/red (-) wire in the drivers kick for the door trigger. as for the trunk pin find the green/black w/2 silver dots (-) in the blue connector above the fuse box, if that wire isnt there then it will be solid green w/ 2 silver dots. any other questions hit me up. what unit are you using? DEI im sure since they have a monopoly over the alarm industry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my alarm on triggers when i open the driver door... how do i wire it to the other doors also? i have an 00 civic sedan.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my alarm on triggers when i open the driver door... how do i wire it to the other doors also? i have an 00 civic sedan.
Try going to this site and click on Vehicle wiring diagrams , scroll down and get your car can tell you where to find the wires.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/

DOOR TRIGGER LIGHT GREEN/RED (-) @ OEM ALARM PLUG, See NOTE *2

NOTE *2 THE OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) ALARM PLUG IS LOCATED TO THE RIGHT OF STEERING COLUMN. IT IS A GREEN PLUG

·
Registered
46 Posts
THANK YOU PERSON ABOVE ME. wire that fucker into the dome light. any door that opens turns on the dome light right? Just remember to keep it on. na dtest every wire you try even if you know its right. see ya!

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
18 Posts
i have a 95 civic ex 2 door coupe and i dont know where the green/red door trigger wire is in the drivers kick. I need a picture,, or for you to be more specific. thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,872 Posts
props to searching noob, but jesus the thread is 8yrs old

google is your friend. the wire youre looking for is near the fuse box, it has its own plug that isn't used for anything.

there is a pic from my very own car when I had the same question. don't you dare be one of them noobs that bumps and old ass thread for help, and then disappears

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
18 Posts
WOW THANKS, MAN!

. i went and looked for that and found it. i can't confirm its right with my multimeter using the continuity option.. but i am going to tap them any way for the door trigger.

so i am still wondering one more thing. Where is the door lock and door unlock wires for me to tap in to? i know door lock & unlock are also green with white stripe or/and also green with red stripe, and also around a 2 pin connector, in that same area as door trigger? thanks again.

·
4,872 Posts
you will have to play the game of "where does this wire go from here" it will be a lot quicker than image searching. or you can do the google search and see. there are TONS of links for how to add power door conversion to a 5th gen. start there and see where they run the wires

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
18 Posts
oh hey thanks i've been searching. I tapped that 2 pin plug for my door trigger, but it didnt work....
i found that my door trigger wire was under my drivers running board, it was a lime green almost white with a red stripe wire. it was thicker than the others around it.

And so i found that that 2 pin connector you showed me must be for the door lock/unlock triggers. (I already have power door locks) So i tapped them for door lock and unlock triggers, but it didnt work.

Now i think i have to tap the wires in the drivers side door that come off the door lock switch. That will require running wires through to the door, and that will be a pain for me to do. Did you have to run wires through to your door? How did you find your door lock/unlock trigger wires? (in a 95 honda civic EX)

·
4,872 Posts
I did the power conversion to my 93, and just took a cabin harness and door harness. when I got my 95 ex, it had an alarm system in it already. I removed it. those red things on the wire were from the previous owners alarm system.

try a google search and see how others do it, off the top of my head, there is a link where a dude does it professionally and shows step by step

this guy
How to Install a Car Alarm - 5th Generation Honda Civic EG

also, post number 61
http://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/92-95-civic-power-door-conversion-right-way-tons-pics-end-all-swap-2337026/page3/

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
18 Posts
yea that 'cause for alarm' site is great. He says the same thing about door locks and unlocks, that its a green red wire and green white wire, behind the drivers kick panel. and i found that clip that post number 61 shows. The thing is, when i tap into those wires, it doesn't do anything at all.

I am forced to use the green white wire and the green red wire that is inside the drivers door, at the lock switch itself. It will have to do since i the other wires under the drivers kick panel dont do anything.

do you have any tips on running the wires from the fuse box area to inside the door. right now it looks pretty hackish. thanks

·
4,872 Posts
run it the oem route. either add pins to both sides of the door plug (the hinged area) or just run new wires from fuse box to door following the same path

1 - 19 of 19 Posts