Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my car was broken into on the passenger side. They broke in my forcing a screw driver into my key hole. now my key hole is fucked. can I buy a replacement lock from honda so that I can use my key, or will I have to buy a whole new set of locks and keys to replace the door locks, trunk lock, and ignition switch so that all I have to use is one key. DO you follow me. Basically i just want to know if I have to replace all the key holes to use one key, or can I just purchse the missing part from honda?

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
I think you have to purchase the lock and have it modified to accept your key. you should call the dealership. they might be able to pull your vin and order one that is set for your key. but you should not have to get all new locks

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gftgrill said:
I think you have to purchase the lock and have it modified to accept your key. you should call the dealership. they might be able to pull your vin and order one that is set for your key. but you should not have to get all new locks
Thanks, I'll check on that. I also found a full set of locks and keys on Ebay so either way I guess.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i think it's expensive... a friend had his Nissan ignition lock fucked up... he just replaced it and uses a separate key because he didn't want to pay the dealership all that money. Just be ready for an ass-raping :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts