Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I seem to be having a problem snapping these little things. It makes it a hassle to unlock doors from the inside while the car is running. I snapped the passenger door, which I glued back together, but it snapped again. Now the driver's side also snapped. Need to buy like 4 or 5 to have some spares just don't know where to find them.

Well it won't let me post the picture but I'm talking about the tab that says "lock" right in front of the lever to open the door from inside the car.

**SLO EDIT**
[/COLOR]

assuming you mean the one in front of the handle.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,024 Posts
local auto yard should have a few. take your time and don't break em.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn. Sucks. Gotta go salvage such a small piece. It's not me. The car was purchased with an alarm that locks the door automatically if I turn on the car and unlocks it when I turn it off, so it seems that's the cause, it's a metal hook onto a hole on that piece pulling too hard and breaks them.

·
5,024 Posts
oem locks arnt adjustable, so they shouldn't be pulling too hard. if its aftermarket, maybe you can adjust the tension...or find an alarm diy install and use the factory plugs that connect to the oem lock actuator and do it that way

the plug on the end of grn/wht and grn red

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Passenger side locks/unlocks with the alarm but not the driver's side so I have to open the window and use the key from the inside. Would that mean that the actuator is bad on the driver's side?

·
5,024 Posts
could be bound/broke/not wired.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it ended up being the same hung, lock/unlock rod appears to yank too hard and breaks that bottom peice of that plastic unlock/lock lever. I used gorilla glue on it and put it back. Got lucky and found a replacement piece for the passenger side in the glovebox. See how long it lasts.

·
5,024 Posts
maybe hit a yard and source a new set? try and post a pic or link of what the inside of the doors look like. its not too hard to get new locks or install the oem components to use with the aftermarket system

1 - 9 of 9 Posts