Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got a 91 civic and i installed a pair of 89 doors on the car but seems to be a space between the front of the door and the fender and the rear of the door and the body. are the doors shorter in the 88-89 then the 90-91 civics?

·
Registered
73 Posts
i do not know for sure. but it may because the 88-89 doors have the seat belts on the pillar whereas the 90-91 had them on the doors. which would make up for the extra space?

·
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya thats the only thing i can think. just seems like it doesnt line up completely and theres a gap. not sure if other hatches have this.

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe'
56 Posts
the doors are off of a hatch like your car and not off a 4 door or anything right? or maybe the hinges are different from 88-89 i dunno think of little things like that.

·
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no they came off of a hatch. ya i tried switching the hinges. didnt seem to make a difference. ima measure the old doors i had and the new ones i got.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i m almost 100% sure that they are the same lenght! the problem you may have is alignment use a couple spacer and see what happen

·
Registered
102 Posts
also the question is did u get if off a 88 civic or 89 civic? 88 civic have no seat belts on the door and 89 civic does

·
Registered
73 Posts
There are some differences in the 88-89 model Civic hatch and the 90-91 model. For starters they got rid of the smaller bumper lights and replaced them with longer, rectangular lights that where clear with orange inserts. Next where the corner lights. Honda got rid of the 2 screws on the outside of the lights. The side moldings, instead of having the dip in the center, now had a flat molding. On the inside, the seatbelts became door mounted, the pouches on the door where done away with, and the shape of the cluster cover was changed

·
Registered
102 Posts
omg i just checked and you re right!!!!!! thats completely different from 4G crx 89 crx si and dx have seat belts on the door while 89 hf is the only crx that have seat belt on the piller

·
Registered
73 Posts
omg i just checked and you re right!!!!!! thats completely different from 4G crx 89 crx si and dx have seat belts on the door while 89 hf is the only crx that have seat belt on the piller
lol i was wondering if you were talking about the hatch or the crx

up here in canada all the crx's and civics had pillar mounted seat belts. much safer. :)
indeed it is. im thinking of switching my door mounted belt to the pillar.

·
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya id like to do that as well, just weld it in and take off the door mounted ones and swap them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts