·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
I love it. I've been looking at jrsc's but this looks like an equally good alternative, and they seem to be pretty cheap as well.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice find. Wondering why he just didn't use a Rotrex - that Eaton's damn huge.

I'm sure he's got an aftercooler in there - he just doesn't show it.

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts

also for us d15/d16 guys i think its m62
and for the b18/b20s its m90
seems like a better approach than the jrsc since those things cost alotta mula
just looked on ebay an the units are plentiful and very inexpensive in comparison to jackson

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i found a hella great deal on a sc similar to the one in the vid that i posted up... looked around found a perty great priced vortec so i got to wondering... glad yall like the video... still kicking the idea around... the 4agze sc are good to around 12lbs before they start to self destruct... ef9 thats a kick ass sol man... i seen that one while surfing...

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
pretty dumb place to mount it right next to exhaust. hot!
Yea, pretty dumb. Kinda like mounting a turbo ENROUTE of the exhaust...

:3dtard:

Cus theres NO way you could run an intercooler or water/meth...

It would be WAY better to mount that hot ass blower directly to the intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Both those cars are sick! Why couldn't you use a m90 on a D though? I have one from a Pontiac Grand Prix sitting in my garage hahaha
M45 and m62 you can easily modify for spinning the opposite direction the m90 requires more professional help. M90 would sap alot of power from the D to spin the M62 is sized just right for it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
*Looks at his JRSC* Hmmmm... :D

·
Registered
crx
1,450 Posts
Yea, pretty dumb. Kinda like mounting a turbo ENROUTE of the exhaust...

:3dtard:

Cus theres NO way you could run an intercooler or water/meth...

It would be WAY better to mount that hot ass blower directly to the intake manifold.
who cares about the intake temps? thats not the point. a supercharger is a sealed oil unit. id be more concerned with the unit being burned up. a supercharger is not a turbo either. ever notice turbos are water and or oil cooled why because the exhaust side of the engine is way hotter than the intake side. why do you think honda turned the motor the other way on the k? to keep the heat off the oil pan maybe? im not saying it isnt an innovative idea. i like it but it has me curious. i wonder how much of the superchargers life is affected. i also think another cooler place would have been nice to pick up the intake air as well. im curous as to the power output as well.

·
Registered
1999 Civic hatch
988 Posts
Can you run a small DSM SMIC to cool the intake temps a bit?? Thats not a bad set up im really interested!!

I wanna see a build thread on it and see what the total costs are.

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
holy crap on the ebay link!!!!
If someone had a cnc with programming an all, they could easily have an adapter plate like that mocked up for a d in no time and at a fraction of the price, a thing that bothers me tho is how well these will do with long distance driving at highway speeds

1 - 20 of 52 Posts