Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok d15b7 block d15z1 vtec-e head all i need to no is how to wire the vtec for this particular head...i need it and need it now...dont tell me its a bad idea because it will work and my car is screaming run me...vtec for this head for cr, and gas savings...its boosted, intercooled, blow off, all works, chipped p28 just help me already...1-wire solenoid and 2 wire oil whatever...im new to d-series a friend turned me to them from my constant blowin h series so help me out here...

please

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think he's saying not to worry about the oil pressure signal(the two wires) and just wire the vtec to 12volts so that all valves are always open. Not 12 then 16 when vtec-e engages.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats the plan i just needed to pretty much make sure so i didnt fuck up!!!do i still need to take the oil jet out or just leave it...final question!!!!

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
1,475 Posts
yes, remove the oil control jet from the block, if you fail to remove the oil control jet, the oil pressure in the head will be too high...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so remove the oil jet...wire the solenoid to ignition...dont worry about the other two wires... and i will have the 12 to 16 valves work... for sure

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
b7 block z1 head compressoin is gonna be 12.23:1... a bit high for boost... idk how thats gonna run good luck...

wire the vtec wire (green with yellow stripe) to a switch or the ecu wire with (green yellow stripe)

good luck on that

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
b7 block z1 head compressoin is gonna be 12.23:1... a bit high for boost... idk how thats gonna run good luck...

wire the vtec wire (green with yellow stripe) to a switch or the ecu wire with (green yellow stripe)

good luck on that

what timing belt are you using taht fits right?

·
Registered
652 Posts
yes, remove the oil control jet from the block, if you fail to remove the oil control jet, the oil pressure in the head will be too high...
i always thought it would create a low pressure situation in the head...

i know when i put a non vtec motor together and forgot to put it back in i had barely any oil pressure

oh, and someones gettin mouthy:shocked:

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
i always thought it would create a low pressure situation in the head...

i know when i put a non vtec motor together and forgot to put it back in i had barely any oil pressure

oh, and someones gettin mouthy:shocked:

for non vtec heads you need the oil control jet with vtec heads, the control jet is in the head so it needs to be taken out of the block for oil pressure in the head for vtec

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts