Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had this car for a while but it had wheel hop and for that reason i couldnt launch and such well for some reason the wheel hop just went away when i tried to launch....since it went away i decided to do a burn out with my d-15b non-v

well when i did it it left BOTH TIRE MARKS ON THE GROUND...

does this mean my tranny is lsd?
i have the vid of when i did it if you guys wanna see....it shows the tire marks

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
ive had this car for a while but it had wheel hop and for that reason i couldnt launch and such well for some reason the wheel hop just went away when i tried to launch....since it went away i decided to do a burn out with my d-15b non-v

well when i did it it left BOTH TIRE MARKS ON THE GROUND...

does this mean my tranny is lsd?
i have the vid of when i did it if you guys wanna see....it shows the tire marks
Mine will sometimes leave both tire marks too if the ground isn't too grippy such as gas stations that have really smooth concrete where the pumps are.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking.....but where i did the burn out it was in a street road....
what are some ways in finding out if my tranny is lsd?

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
thats what i was thinking.....but where i did the burn out it was in a street road....
what are some ways in finding out if my tranny is lsd?
pop axles out of trans, look through differential. if there is a pin through it, NO LSD. If you can see all the way through and there is nothing obstructing the hole, then you have lsd.

Chances are you do not.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Check for the model number on the tranny or pull an axle and look into the diff, if you see a pin it's an open diff. Or lift it up and try to turn one wheel, if the other goes the same direction it's a LSD, if it goes the opposite direction it's an open diff.

Pretty much guarantee you don't have an LSD though. My car with its open diff still burns both tires 90% of the time... In a straight line. Go around a corner though and it lights the inside tire on fire when I step on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check for the model number on the tranny or pull an axle and look into the diff, if you see a pin it's an open diff. Or lift it up and try to turn one wheel, if the other goes the same direction it's a LSD, if it goes the opposite direction it's an open diff.

Pretty much guarantee you don't have an LSD though. My car with its open diff still burns both tires 90% of the time... In a straight line. Go around a corner though and it lights the inside tire on fire when I step on it.
ahh this sounds alot more eaiser lol ill check it right now and let you guys know....and yes the burn out was in a straight line......i had the e-brake on so it stood in the same place then i let off the e-brake

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay i just lifted my car up and you guys are right haha its not lsd.....

i turned the tire but the other one did not even turn....

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Put it in gear and try again. Should have mentioned that. ;)

Actually I guess it doesn't matter. If it had a limited slip both would have turned regardless of if it were in gear or not.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just lifted it up put it first gear and yes both spined but in diff direction so i guess its not lsd thanks....

and heres the vid of that burnout i did....yes i know gay paint job and the door is black cause some idot back into me so i grabbed that one from the junk yard...

this was also my first burn out so dont be so harsh....
YouTube - 1991 honda ef burnout

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Thats a pretty nice hatch. LOL well at least I like it haha and nice burn out. Im sure I cant even do one that proper.

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
wait, your hatch has LSD? can i have some?

·
Registered
226 Posts
i just lifted it up put it first gear and yes both spined but in diff direction so i guess its not lsd thanks....

and heres the vid of that burnout i did....yes i know gay paint job and the door is black cause some idot back into me so i grabbed that one from the junk yard...

this was also my first burn out so dont be so harsh....
YouTube - 1991 honda ef burnout
sweet. If thats your first you have it down.:bigok:
Take a vid of you lanching.

·
Registered
97 Civic LX
158 Posts
/\
I wounder why?? lol

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Mine will sometimes leave both tire marks too if the ground isn't too grippy such as gas stations that have really smooth concrete where the pumps are.
You do burnouts in gas stations?? thats the riceist thing ive ever heard!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts