Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title states, my dome light and trunk light are not working in my 1994 Del Sol Si. As far as the dome goes, it doesn't work in any position (off/door/on) whether the door is open or not. I do have an aftermarket stereo, but from my research it doesn't make a difference on my year model, since it doesn't have a keyless entry system. Also the lights were working long after installing the stereo, so that's ruled out.

Things I've tried:
Tested both bulbs (LED) with a 12V D-cell battery pack I have and it lights up fine.
Checked the 7.5A fuse under the dash and the 10A fuse under the hood.
Verified that the grounding screw in the dome light is there and secure.
Jumpered the contacts on the dome and screw to see if I could get the light to come on.
Moved the switch VERY slowly to see if the switch was making intermittent contact.
Removed the switch to inspect the wires and connectors. Their fine.

So after all that... Anything else I may have missed before going online to find a new dome switch? Or would the switch even have an effect on the trunk light?

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
For 1, a lot of led's are directional.
2. Did you VERIFY power with a test light at the dome light?
3. Did you verify a ground at the dome light, with a test light

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For 1, a lot of led's are directional.
2. Did you VERIFY power with a test light at the dome light?
3. Did you verify a ground at the dome light, with a test light
Thanks for the response.
1. I know, I labeled the positive side of the LEAD with a red sharpie and tested both directions anyway.
2 & 3. I don't own a test light

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
You should get one, they are fairly inexpensive and a great tool.to have, without it, your just throwing your hotdog down the hallway hoping to hit something

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I feel dumb... But hey sometimes it's the little things. So there are a few empty slots by my dome light fuse and I guess while I was in there checking fuses one day I put the fuse back in the wrong slot. Didn't realize until I looked up a fuse diagram (my car didn't come with a fuse panel cover). I pulled it out of the empty and put it into the CORRECT slot and everything lights up perfectly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I feel dumb... But hey sometimes it's the little things. So there are a few empty slots by my dome light fuse and I guess while I was in there checking fuses one day I put the fuse back in the wrong slot. Didn't realize until I looked up a fuse diagram (my car didn't come with a fuse panel cover). I pulled it out of the empty and put it into the CORRECT slot and everything lights up perfectly.
everyone does something dumb at some point in time! the longer you've spent working on stuff the more things you'll find that just make you say "what in tarnation were you thinking???" misplacing a fuse isn't that bad, I've seen people misplace piston rings before...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts