Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I survived code 9
1998 Honda Civic DX
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's little problems like this that pisses me off!

It won't work no matter which way the switch is positioned. I tried putting a new bulb in and nothing...

Does this have it's own fuse or what? What else wouldn't work if it was the fuse out?

It had some trouble flickering for a while, but got okay.

I tried tapping it lightly and that didn't work.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...it's little issues like this that piss me off.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
same thing happened to me i hit it and it comes on but goes off when it wants to make sure the wires are in good shape/ connected or it could be a fuse.

·
I survived code 9
1998 Honda Civic DX
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just beat the shit out of it and it started working.

For a while anyway. It'll probably go out soon.

The bulb is fine. Got power through the connector. The switch is just worn the hell out.

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
do you have a sunroof? does it leak? you might have some rust on the connection on the switch or a bad ground??? just throwing some ideas out there. pull it down and check it out and look at the switch for some possible build up too?.

·
I survived code 9
1998 Honda Civic DX
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no sunroof here.

had a look at the switch and the connectors that run across the switch were pretty worn out. they had a dark line across them and I think that was causing an issue.

still didn't work after I cleaned them. beating the shit out of it worked though.

·
I survived code 9
1998 Honda Civic DX
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How can I check the ground/pin issue? I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.

The only ground I'm aware of is where it bolts to the roof with the screw.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
well.. if it doesnt work in any position, its definitely a power issue. id say the switch is just worn the hell out like you said..

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
check the pin switch. when you press in, there should be ground on the dome light wire. when the doors open, it should show 12v. make sure there is continuity to ground when pressed in and that the reference ground (bolts holding switch in) is good too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts