Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 civic ex
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dome light only comes on in the on position. When it is in the position to come on when the doors open it won't. Is there a fuse I should check? Or is it a relay that might have gone bad? This is probably a stupid question but any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Most likely a bad door switch.
X2 agreed

Check the switch, i just worked on a Neon that had a bad door switch. The switch wasnt grounding itself so it wouldnt send a ground pulse. Clean it and use some white lithium to lubricate.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
or the switch could be good, the ground bad.

Damn old Rusty Chevolet's :)

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Alright, I got a dome light problem too... it doesn't work. I took it off and hooked it up to a 9v and got it to light in the auto on and on positions no problem, but when it's hooked up it wont light. So my question is does anybody know where the wires come out under the dash, and what colors so I can test from there w/o having to remove the ceiling panel.

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
check your fuses.
First thing I did. I think i got a broken wire in the ceiling somewhere,or they aren't hooked up to anything...

·
Registered
97 civic ex
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I'll try that.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
check for continuity at the actual dome light switch (ie pull it down from the roof and check it)

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts