Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aright... so i've been tryin to swap this CRX Si tranny in my '90 EX Sedan for the past few hours.. the old tranny comes out great... get everything disconnected just fine... get it down just fine... get the new clutch in.. fine and dandy.... then my buddy notices the hole with nothing in it.... my "new" tranny is missing the "speed pinion assembly" thingy according to my crappy haynes manual... its located right above the shifter assembly on the back of the trans... so i have a few questions... one... is it possible to get the one from my stock trans out? if so... how? i've tried everything i can think of... and two.. if i just need to buy a new one... i didnt check... would it be possible to get everything installed and just install that part later? meaning is it relatively easy to get to and install once the trans is in the car?

tryin to get this wraped up tonight!! thanks for any help you can give me!!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,297 Posts
you need the speedo drive, usually you HAVE to split the case to get it out......

I'll see if I have a spare.......you should be able to drop it in later, just like a 92+ VSS unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts