Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know where does the cam timming need to be set. Is it setup just like the d16z6 or the d15b7. I am thinking like the d16z6 since the d15b is a vtec motor.... Also i have heard mixed ideas on the timming belt, a VX belt or the EX belt...

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i believe the timing is the same on all original ds. there is an arrow on the timing cover and on the oil pump. turn the crank so the line on the t-belt gear lines up with the arrow. set the cam so that the mark at 7 oclock on the cam gear lines up with the arrow on the cover and the other two lines are parallel with the head.

im not sure about which belt to use.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
the VX VTEC belt is the timing belt.

as far as the cam side of the timing, there is the 7 oclock line, and line it up with the notch at around the 7oclock position on the plastic backing for the sidecover (against the head). You can also line up the 2 paralell marks at 9 and 3 to the 2 small arrows on the plastic cover behind the cam gear as well =)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not true, the d15's cam is set differently than the d16. the d15 cam marks are 9 and 3 o'clock marks parallel with the head. The d16 marks up with the lower point on the head... that's points to 7o'clock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts