Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, im doing a budget build on a d-series and figured what forum could be better for the topic. yea budget build, im in school for a few more weeks and wont have a billion dollars to throw at my car just yet so my first set up will be small but hopefully well enough for some good gains.

anyway this is where im at tomarrow im buying:
dsm turbo
side mount intercooler
and 440 injectors

my question is connecting rods. i was going to keep the stock rods but i understand that b series rods are interchangible. i figure why not put beefy rods in when it wont cost me a testicle to do it. ha. anyway if you have done this let me know how it worked out, how much you paid for your rods, and which b-series you got them out of. oh and i do plan on using my stock D pistons.

thanks for any info
-bab-

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Whats your HP goal?? That will tell you what is most important on this build..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hp goals are 180-200. i plan on running hondata s200. im also going with a walbaro fuel pump. im not sure which wide band to go with, if any of you have ideas for that let me know. the turbo manifold, and down pipe are going to be homemade, im buying the flanges and going to do the rest myself. (beleive it or not i can weld and im not bad at it.) oh and the intercooler piping isnt going to be hard piped in. i forgot what the piping im going to use is called but its flexible and all i have to do is cut it and hose clamp it. i think thats all i have planned for now. i dont have a set money to spend. im still in school till the end of march so im not going to be buying much between now and then.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
dont run the flexible piping, tuner toys sells a piping kit you need to just cut for your setup its only a $100, i would also suggest a t3 .42/.48 turbo and run a fmic, which can be had for $200 or less off ebay. also what car and engine do u have?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for the website ill check it out after class tonight. i know flexible piping looks horrible, ill check out the intercooler piping and probably end up going down that road. i already have a turbo, intercooler and 440 injectors.. all three are stock off of a early 90's dsm engine. ill check out the fmic tonight and see what its all about. i have the 95' civic ex.w/ d16z6 i do believe.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys im not sure if anyone is still looking at this or not but... good news for the guys against the sidemount i was planning on using. i might be buying a front mount from an srt-4. im trying to get it for $70

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
450cc is the injector, not 440. Anywho, keep us posted on the progress. And good luck. It took me a few months befreo I got all my shit together, so dont rush it!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im pretty sure its 440cc (1st gen. dsm) just like everyone else id love to jump in head first into this build. but money is a huge factor and since im currently lacking in this department im in no rush. still dont know if i want to run the front mount or the side mount though.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Before you spend the cash on hondata, check out Uberdata, Crome, Turboedit. Could save you a few hun. Makku has an awesome sticky in engine man. you should checkout. Takes some smarts, but some does turbo'in' your ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts