Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I just would like to ask, did anyone made DOHC ZC turbo in here? Cause i planning to make one, my goal is 300+ BHP. Can anyone tell me some advice? I'm affraid the axles will broken if i reach that performance...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
it starts with a S and ends with a EARCH....

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hi everyone!

I just would like to ask, did anyone made DOHC ZC turbo in here? Cause i planning to make one, my goal is 300+ BHP. Can anyone tell me some advice? I'm affraid the axles will broken if i reach that performance...
A DOHC ZC turbo...never heard of it :)

You really need to search, you can find all of that in a few minutes.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
It's impossible to do it. Totally. (Ignore the one sitting in my garage.)

thezcr.com.

Several have been over 400WHP before cracking sleeves. A few have been over 500WHP without issues after sleeving.

Other than a couple of odd issues on the intake side (you'll want an OBD1 intake manifold or a ZCSPEED adapter to run a SOHC manifold, the Edelbrock being preferred), and the well known issue with the exhaust ports being raised slightly requiring some grinding on SOHC manifolds, build it the same as any other Honda D-series. (Except don't use Vitaras. Ever.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm really sorry, I apologize for my bad english but I'm from different country as someone said... I won't use vitatas, already have wiseco pistons, eagle rods, t3/t4 turbo, 680 cc injectors, a xenocron 255l/h AC. I was just curious about the setups, because i didn't find any finished car. Anyway I'll do my searches in here and other pages. But still no one answered about the axles... What is that power where are the axles will brake?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
many people push 400+ with stock axles, just gotta know how to drive so you dont snap them

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
The biggest worry with any Honda FWD transmission is the differential. Get a good LSD (Limited Slip Differential) and you will likely not break anything else. Finding an LSD that will fit a stock DOHC ZC transmission is hard, so many use the non-equal length driveshaft transmissions with an easier to find LSD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts