Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so to start out got a fully built bottom dohc/stock head and cams. 1000cc precisions on e85. Just dynoed my car and my Masterpower took a dump at 16 psi. 42/48. I made 292hp,262 torque on a dyno jet. Would like some suggestions on a turbo that could get me to 350+ and spool up quickly and efficiently, keep the same high torque. Theirs a guy selling a garret 63/48 for $450 brand new. Or get a Ching Chong till I can buy a better turbo. I wanna stay away from precision turbos. Any advice, on a good turbo for my power band. I apprdciate the help ahead of time :). Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the same turbo I was running and didn't handle the boost levels I was throwing it. I love the 42/48 but it seems like I'm pushing the turbo to its limits. I'm starting to think I blew it cause I drowned it with oil. It started to smoke. I'm not running an oil restrictor, and my oil pump is ported. And my oil feed line on the turbo over flooded. Faaaaak. It all makes sense now.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
A HX35 will spool quickly and will support well over 400whp. They can be had for $200-$300, so they are a good bang for your buck. You would need to convert to a twin scroll setup to take full advantage. If you don't want to change your manifold it should still spool decently, but not as good as it could.

That Garret turbo sounds like it could get you to your goals and probably would be easy to swap out without changes a bunch of things.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I like the t04e. 57/63. Theirs a guy here local who has a shop who rebuilds them for $300. Maybe buy a burnt one and bring it back to life.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully I can hit my 350mark. Really wanna hit 400. Thanks for te help. Do you guys run restrictor a on your turbo. I have a ported oil pump. Any ideas what restrictor is hours use?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I bought a garret 60 trim compressor, 48 turbine for $400 with stainless lines freshly rebuilt. Hopefully this can get me to my 350+. And still spool up like a disco potatoe.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Unless its a hybrid t3/t4 60 trim I seriously doubt it will make it to even 320hp, the straight t3 60trim is rated for 350hp so your going to be pushing a lot of hot air. The assassin has a t3 60 trim and is making 278hp with his turbo

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a 60/48 hot ar. Should be good for 350+. I made 292/262 on a inconsistent 42/48. So hopefully it will throw me to 350 at 20 psi who knows maybe 400 :))))

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Was the turbo professionally rebuilt? I am asking because if the took it apart and put it back together ant weren't meticulous about it then it needs to be balanced. Your going to be spinning that thing from 80k-120k rpm. It needs to be balanced.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Most 50trim with .63 will get you there and keep a pretty descent spool.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes it was prof rebuilt, at mikes turbo here in Florida. I just really hope this turbo gets me my power goal. What you guys think. On my 42/48 at 16 psi I made 292. Wanna get 20-22 psi on the 60/48 and hit my 350

1 - 14 of 14 Posts