Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been slowly piecing together the stuff for a turbo build on my 92 civic EH for the past year, it should be all done by xmas. I just thought I'd see if anyone could give me an idea on roughly how much WHP I can expect from the gear I have and any advice on what else I should get???

What I have; *Garrett T28 .64/.60 a/r
*ARC fmic
*custom 3" stainless charge piping
*high flow cat with 2.5" exhaust (might go to 3")
*440cc RC's
*Xtreme HD clutch
*MSD SCI and HV coil ignition system
*p28 chipped ECU tuned with CROME

At first I was thinking I would leave the internals stock and only run max 8 psi. But I think I might get myself some vitara's and some rods so I can bump it up a little with out troubles. I live in Australia so our pump fuel is 98 octane and we just got 100 octane ethanol fuel (but I'm a bit sketchy on that).
Also at a later date I will get a wide band o2 sensor and a 255 fuel pump.

Is there anything else I should be looking at getting that I may have missed???

Cheers Ash :gir:

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Vitaras in a DOHC ZC will give you a c/r that is waaaaaaayyy low. Less than 8.0:1 and some say less than 7.0:1.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm ok so what pistons would you suggest or should I say what c/r would you suggest I look for. I don't really wanna go all out and get forged pistons so is there a cheaper alternative which will be stronger then OEM???

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hmmm ok so what pistons would you suggest or should I say what c/r would you suggest I look for. I don't really wanna go all out and get forged pistons so is there a cheaper alternative which will be stronger then OEM???
you could shotpeen and cryo treat the ones you have for less than forged

·
11,892 Posts
I have SRP's for an A6 in my ZC. C/R is approx 8.6:1 sincce the dish is smaller than a standard A6 piston.

IMO I just waited until someone had a set of pistons for sale on one of the forums I visited. I checked the c/r to see what I would end up with and I was ok with it. The c/r is up to though. IMO 8.5:1 is about as low as I'd go but that's me.

Cast and forged are your two options. Had I known about the c/r of a DOHC + vitaras I never would have bought the engine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info so far guys. I'll look around (yet again) and check prices for each and take it from there. I'm glad you told me now about the vitara's coz I was gunna order them in a couple of weeks.

So nobody can give me any ideas on a power figure expected from what I have I would love to get about the 200 whp mark is that in my range???

·
11,892 Posts
Thanks for the info so far guys. I'll look around (yet again) and check prices for each and take it from there. I'm glad you told me now about the vitara's coz I was gunna order them in a couple of weeks.

So nobody can give me any ideas on a power figure expected from what I have I would love to get about the 200 whp mark is that in my range???
200whp is realistic on a stock block.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet so with the rods and pistons also I should be able to get upto the 260+ mark if I wanted to wind it up a bit on dyno day am I right hehehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts