Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive been looking for a tranny for my zc that is going in my 94 EG, I found a good deal on a D16y8 tranny will the tranny bolt onto a ZC and into my EG? I cant find OBD1 Z6 tranny I think the y8 tranny will fit, its just from a newer EX civic and OBD2 but im not sure if someone could confirm this so I can buy the tranny. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
275 Posts
94egcivic said:
Ok so ive been looking for a tranny for my zc that is going in my 94 EG, I found a good deal on a D16y8 tranny will the tranny bolt onto a ZC and into my EG? I cant find OBD1 Z6 tranny I think the y8 tranny will fit, its just from a newer EX civic and OBD2 but im not sure if someone could confirm this so I can buy the tranny. Thanks for the help.
what year d series did it come from i think the zc will bolt up to all d series just depndes on how it mounts to the car itself,if i was u i would find obd1 zc tranny.im useing zc in my crx and i already blow up one l3 tranny im on my second now,i hear the single cam tranny cant handle the tq. of the zc

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All D series motors and trannies are interchangable. There might be a small exception with the newer 1.7(I'm not sure). Other then that is does not matter. If you want a "perfect" D series tranny and you don't have a preference. Get the tranny your D16A1 came off of(85-89 integra) Take the 5th and final out of the civic/CRX si tranny and you will "ideally" have the perfect streetable,beatable tranny.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I will be looking for the d16y8 or d16z6 tranny they both bolt into my EG. Did they even make Hydro zc trannies if so were would you get one? Do you need a half shaft like the older cable ones.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
92-95 OBD-1 ZC tranny has the same gear ratios are 92-05 Civic Si HB/Del Sol Si, .750 5th gear.

Go with the Y8, but the ZC really needs the proper 3-4 gearsets.......yeah, I know, my three sets are not for sale.

·
Registered
275 Posts
transzex said:
92-95 OBD-1 ZC tranny has the same gear ratios are 92-05 Civic Si HB/Del Sol Si, .750 5th gear.

Go with the Y8, but the ZC really needs the proper 3-4 gearsets.......yeah, I know, my three sets are not for sale.
i got one for sale?u need one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts