Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

i have recently removed the dashpot on my throttle body as it was causing idle fluctuation/surging. it idles great now but my tps can only be calibrated to 0.35 CT and 4.5 WOT. how do i close the gap to 0.48 CT and keep the 4.5v on WOT???

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
If that's all ya get that's all ya get.

More than likely the old ass wire harness has resistance, which is why you can't get the value any lower

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Neubie so its a wire harness issue? will it run badly if i do CT .48 and WOT at 4.63v, will i have a better throttle response? has anyone tried that?

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
If it were my car, I would set the wot value at the 4.5.

You may have a slight idle issue, but im guessing it would be minimal. The iac might even be able to compensate for it.

Otherwise you could either
A. Build your own harness
B. Contact 2jzdreamin, he build harnesses and is a great guy to do business with.

I built my own, and let me tell you, the difference on how my zc ran, idled and performed was night and day

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Set the base correctly, around .5v, and ignore the top number as long as it is ballpark.

Having the closed TPS value set wrong can make a car nearly unstreetable, having the open number as far of as a whole volt doesnt even make a noticable difference IMO.

As far as the dashpot goes, you dont it to move your throttle at idle, but it should be touching. So bend the little forks until it isnt effecting your idle, but so that still opens slightly when engine braking. When it is correct you wont notice it, except that you wont have a burning wax smell when you snap the throttle shut under hard engine braking.

·
Registered
99 Posts
how do i close the gap to 0.48 CT and keep the 4.5v on WOT???
Adjust the throttle stop screw until you achieve .48V. Of course this will open your TB slightly so you will need to adjust your idle by turning the idle air screw clockwise to bring the idle back down.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Adjust the throttle stop screw until you achieve .48V. Of course this will open your TB slightly so you will need to adjust your idle by turning the idle air screw clockwise to bring the idle back down.
Dont do that.... jeebus.... You clean and set the TB first, by closing the throttle plate as far as it will go without sticking via the set screw, then you adjust the TPS sensor to around .45-.5v when closed. Dont worry about the open voltage unless it is WAY out of whack, like over 5v or under 3.5v.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Uhh oops. Well it does work for me. Full disclosure I did have to lower my IACV compensation by about 25% after everything was set to keep it from surging but it does work. My target idle is at 900; it idles there. Tip in, cruising, WOT all function well and the throttle is crisp and responsive. Is there any particular reason I should go back and adjust everything according to what you said?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I don't care what you personally do, if it works for you and your EMS go for it. Just don't tell noobs to open up their throttle stop to adjust their TPS, because that is likely to cause all kinds of idle and off idle issues with a stock ECU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts