Honda D Series Forum banner
41 - 60 of 188 Posts

· Registered
908 Posts
no it wont work. the DOHC D dizzy is one of its own. if your obd0 the dizzy and CPS is the same as a 88-89 teg d16a1, if your obd1 you need the obd1 dizzy (has the CPS inside the dizzy)

· Registered
908 Posts
no it wont work. the DOHC D dizzy is one of its own. if your obd0 the dizzy and CPS is the same as a 88-89 teg d16a1, if your obd1 you need the obd1 dizzy (has the CPS inside the dizzy)

· Registered
94 Honda civic dx
308 Posts
poke poke to all...one more time....92-95 DOHC zc, i am using my dx trans...what clutch would i buy??? one for any d-series or what???

· Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon I am new here and I have a civic 93 with a D16A9 engine I want to change, here in my country there is smart (ZC).

and the models that are:
D16Z6
D16Y9
D15

What I want is to mount another since the mio dead and not be that mount to avoid losing performance or is liable to improve it with another engine and do not have to spend much and minimum changes...

D16A9
(Same as D16A8 but without a catalytic converter)

Found at: 1988-1991 Concerto (UK / Europe)
1988-1991 CRX 1.6i-16 (UK / Europe / South Africa)
1989-1992 Rover 216/416 GTi (UK / Europe)
1992-1995 Civic Si (Japanese and Peruvian version) offset: 1,598 cc (97 cu in)
Career and diameter: 75 mm × 90 mm (3.0 × 3.5 in in)
Compression: 9.5:1 (p29 Pistons)
Power: 137 CV (96.9 kW, 132 ps) @ 6,800 rpm
Torque: 108 ft · lbf (14.9 kg / m, 146 Nm) @ 5900 rpm
Valve train: DOHC 16 valve (4 valves per cylinder)
Redline: 7500 rpm
Limit: 7800 rpm
Fuel control: 88-91 DAB-0 MPFI (92-95 DAB-1)
ECU code: PM7 (P29 OBD1)
Gearbox: LSD ><non (88-91 l3) (lsd 92 a 95 s20)

cualquier sugerencia sera muy bien recibida

atte daniel rondon
venezuela

· Registered
91 CRX HF
65 Posts
I just installed a zc motor into my 91 crx . harnes was with motor . but on the back of the motor next to the wireing to alt the is a little white plug comming out of the harness and I cant for the life of me find were it goes ? would anyone know what I am talking about ?

· Registered
1988 Honda CRX
8,413 Posts
What compression, how much boost, what charge temp in the manifold?

· Registered
18,597 Posts
not real sure of the answer to those questions . was told that the internail waste gate was set at 10 psi . have not run the motor at all .

the plugs that were in the motor when I got it were BOSCH platinum FR8DPX dont know if that is any help . got the motor and turbo from a friend that had his car rear ended . he went into the service so hard to get a hold of him to find things out .

funny thing sent biddy an e mail and answered right away . the compression is 10 to 1 the boost is 8 psi and the temp change is less than 1400 he said .

· Registered
1988 Honda CRX
8,413 Posts
Std plugs are probably OK

I would start one heat range only lower. If it runs fine, leave them there.

If it loads up plugs, go back to stock. If it blisters or cracks the porcelain, go another range colder.

· Registered
1988 Honda CRX
8,413 Posts
Once you deviate significantly from factory spec, plug choice is an educated guess. Sometimes you just need to try it and see what happens as there are a lot of variables.

· Registered
8 Posts
hello all,
noobs here...

does ZC DOHC head will fit into 1992-EG3 (D13 engine)? (i wantto do a mini-me swap, with zc keihin dual carb)
is it a good? what about timing belt? can it use 1st gen crv timing belt?
cause there is no DOHC or integra's in my country

thx, CHeers
ps:sorry for my bad english:)

· Registered
94 Honda civic dx
308 Posts
hello all,
noobs here...

does ZC DOHC head will fit into 1992-EG3 (D13 engine)? (i wantto do a mini-me swap, with zc keihin dual carb)
is it a good? what about timing belt? can it use 1st gen crv timing belt?
cause there is no DOHC or integra's in my country

thx, CHeers
ps:sorry for my bad english:)
the DOHC head will only fit on a DOHC block, the engine are pretty cheap, just buy a whole one online

· Registered
91 CRX HF
65 Posts
looking for a little help . I just finished doing a zc swap into my 91 hf crx . the harness was on the motor when I got it . I unpluged my old motor installed the zc motor and pluged it up . was told harness on motor was from a 89 si crx. when I go to start motor it turns over but I am getting no spark and no fuel ? did the igniter test and have power to igniter .first will the 91 hf chassie harness and the 89 si motor harness cause this problem ? if not then what could ? funny thing I get a spark to the plug wire when I PUT A SCREW DRIVER IN AND GROUND IT BUT ONLY ONCE WHEN FIRST TURN CAR ON BUT NOT WHEN i TURN IT OVER ! Please I am looking for some HELP !!!

· Registered
1988 Honda CRX
8,413 Posts
The SOHC have all the ignition sensors in the dissy.

The OBD0 DOHC has most in the dissy, but one in a separate sensor on the end of the exhaust cam

· Registered
91 CRX HF
65 Posts
ok but what does that mean . also are the 89 crx si motor harnes and the 91 crx hf motor harnes the same ? the motor came with a 89 crx si wire harnes on it and I installed into my 91 crx hf . going to change the engine wire harnes to the one that was on the motor that was in my 91 crx hf ?

· Registered
908 Posts
it means you have to run the wires for the CPS, which mounts on the exh cam. (0bd0)
i havent worked on a HF but i believe the body harness is different from HF-SI so you will need to get the HF harness on teh ZC and wire the tps to the EXH cam.

41 - 60 of 188 Posts