vitaras
eagles
thats the only real aftermarket stuff

ebay turbo kit

as far as i know stock pump
dsm red tops
aem fpr unknown fuel pressure no gauge

when car starts its a tiny choppy takes gas turbo spools up ect ect

after like a few min it wont take gas and starts to pop threw intake and exhaust.

when i had code 8 i learned the belt was one tooth off. so that fixed code 8 so timing should be right on

as for the tune on the car thats a different story

it is obd0 with a chipped pm6. the tune i guess was for the stock motor and the egay kit. but now with the new pistions that will be off. but i think it should still run half ass decent

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sigh kinda what i knew to lol

i wonder how far the shit is off. with the exhaust off 1 tooth before it still started and ran

with the exhaust cam moved one tooth it still runs, and kinda runs the same. ill try to get pics and or a video

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
It could be me and my jacked up eyes but the pic Beav has posted on the link for your other thread looked like both intake and exhaust sat lower 1 tooth. Could just be me tho.. Def sounds like timing with the popping and all

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I'm no help. The only time I've ever had popping out the intake is when I boogered up the plug wire order AND cam timing. After I fixed that, I've never had issues. The pics of the cam gears look correct to me, but I haven't timed a DOHC D or even looked at mine in years. heh

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Was the head milled with the vitaras? Eagle stock length rods + vitara's in DOHC ZC = well below 7:1 compression, with compression that low I've seen them run like total crap like you have, especially untuned.

Also, pull the valve cover and do the dowel trick, anything about that size can be used to line it up (screw/bolt/drill bit etc....) then check timing again on crank pulley and cam gears. Make sure you are looking at the white TDC mark on pulley. Also check valve lash while you have the valve cover off. Check ignition timing while it's idling good and bad to see if it's totally off. In the bottom pic the timing was off. It all comes down to if the correct parts are on the engine (crank pulley, cam gears, and cams). Check TDC mechanically (take spark plug out and do the screwdriver trick), then make sure the mark is in the correct place.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
With eagle/vitara it will be 6.5 very effin" low. Your timing looks correct once you fixed the exhaust. Like what the guy above me says zchondacrx91 you could also do the "PIN" trick. Open valve cover and their will be holes on the cams.

But that picture below looks correct now. When you say "not taking gas" Sounds like fuel issue.

-fuel pressure should be check @most.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
If the bottom end is at top dead center, the exhaust cam gear marks should be level with the head and the intake cam gear should be level with the head. The only time the marks are supposed to be off is if you are using b-series cam gears.

1. Is your crank pulley on?
2. In that pic you have too much slack in the t-belt, so I can't see if you are a tooth off.
3. Definitely use the holes to hold the cams, it takes the guess work out.

With the slack I can see in the timing belt, the top picture looks closer to right then the bottom pic after you adjusted the exhaust cam.

Does it sound like a lawn mower by chance?

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
im happy for him, does me no good though

anyway to fix this?
It means it won't ever run good, if I were you I would pull the head and mill it or get some different pistons. Do what I said above to check timing and if it still doesn't run right, check plugs and O2 to see if it's running rich or very lean. Also if the head was milled timing might need to be corrected for it.

^^^ Install belt correctly, align and with tensioner bolt loose turn counter-clockwise until about a 1/4 turn on crank or 3 teeth on cam gears. Tighten tensioner bolt and check again. It does look like it has a bit of slack, which would really screw up timing. It's should be fairly tight.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
When mine was off I didn't have a code. My intake was off one tooth. It ran rough and backfired out of the intake.

On a side not, my ZC was all stock.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts