Honda D Series Forum banner

Dohc ZC rebuild for 300whp.

Tags
zc build
2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  kwcrxaz90 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello!

I have all the items for my engine:

Base: D16A8(Dohc ZC) with 80.000miles standard bore standard head.

Pistons: JE SRP 75mm Forged pistons for D16Z6 10,5:1 min compression on D16Z6, in my block with larger cam (43,8cc vs 35cc??) i get 9,1:1

Rods: Eagle H-beam

Bearings: King Bearing racing kit (main and cranckshaft bearing)

Gaskets:Full engine new gaskets, MLS 0.30 or 0.40(i don't remember) metalic head gasket for D16A1 75mm.

Head Studs: ARP 11mm head studs for D16A1 (one is longer than others D16)

Then i will buy an 330cc inyectors from european predule h22.

New 255Lph fuel pump.

Stock air intake manifold and stock modified exhaust manifold for turbo (using the up of the D16A8, the tubes and connectors for T25 from nissan 180sx or eclipse.

Full BBP 2,25" exhaust catback. Stock exhaust manifold is 4-2-1 but i have one 4-1, 2" with adapter for little turbo like T25 , T28 max, and adapted downpipe 2".

And another pieces like SAFC and manual turbo controller (blow off regulator).

P28 ecu with modified RS232 circuit for comunications (i founded on templeofvtec) and change the mapping and tune.

Is reasonable economic build, not for race every day, i use the car daily.

Did you think with this and 10-12psi i can get up 300whp with proper tuning??

Using stock large cam Dohc zc head and stock sleeves/crankshaft??

Is secure?

Thanks!!

See less See more
#2 ·
1. You need larger than 330cc injectors IMO.
2. You don't need a SAFC
3. You will not get 300whp from 10-12 psi off that turbo

Reactions: LoSt GhoSt
#4 · (Edited)
Hello!!

I take injectors from dsm of 450cc, and walbro like fuel pump 255Lph (HRC), now i'm looking for program my ecu with two maps (Stock and Race) and use a switch to change the map, i have RS232 to TTL cable to do a datalogging from ecu.

Another alternative is do one map with two scales, one from 1000-4000rpm of econo and from 4000 to Cut (8100 on my stock engine) with modified full race.

What do you think?

Some one have a modified ecu with two maps?

What minimun pressure will work this injectors, for economic mode? i'm thinking in open the injector less time for econo mode and full open on race mode.

Thanks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.