Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dohc ZC 3rd gen blacktop. p28 ecu with the right basemap. converted to obd1 with respective part changes.(all New)
Has spark guaranteed. (Brand spanking new Dizzy)
Fixed mechanical timing. Was off a tooth on the intake side.
Car will crank and turn over
No weird sounds coming from valves.
I'm checking compression yet again today.
Fuel Pump works not only well, but strong(verified last night)
Every attempt to start the vehicle has been under cool conditions.

It still won't fire up. The fpr started making a weird sound. I have a warrantee on it, so I'm going to switch that out after I get off work. Took a tester light to all four injectors, and they all have power at the same time when I just have the key in the on position. The solenoids may be opening all at the same time. Today I'm going to take an ohm tester to the injector resister box. But I may have to change the resister out.

Aside from compression(which I'm confident is to par) Do you guys have any ideas. I tried to make it as detailed as possible.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,099 Posts
brand new dizzy doesn't always mean guaranteed spark

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I grounded the spark plug, turned the motor over. But last night, I replaced the fpr, and now, when I checked spark again, there was nothing. So I used a test light at the dizzy itself. No power at the shaft, but there's power going in from the source. Signal is hot from the ecu. Not really sure of what else to check. Even switched the two whites on the dizzy plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts