Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 honda civic with a dohc zc swap its automatic, i messed up the zc tranny so i bought a jdm d15b tranny from the jdm engine depot and everything bolted up perfect no problems but i went to go put my axles in and there jus not fitting. they fit in fine wit no problems wit the zc tranny but now wit the d15b tranny its like the axle head tht goes into the tranny on both the drivers and passengers side are too small, i took a b series axle and visualy compared the sizes and it looks to be the same size as a b series. anyone have this problem or know an answer please i need help thanks. :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
952 Posts
do you have the intermediate axle shaft? ZC transmissions (manual and auto) use the intermediate shaft and larger equal length Integra type axles - sounds to me like you didn't have the ZC transmission before, but you do now?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you have the intermediate axle shaft? ZC transmissions (manual and auto) use the intermediate shaft and larger equal length Integra type axles - sounds to me like you didn't have the ZC transmission before, but you do now?
i had a full auto zc swap i have the papers and everything, i bought a single jdm b15b tranny and i have single axles but the diameter of the head tht goes into the tranny is too small and it doesnt lock in

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then you just need regular d series inners for your axles if the ones you have are too big to fit in the diff.
the axles i have are too small, they go in but dont lock in and dont catch the teeth and when tranny fluid is put in it pours out

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
two options then. 1 find a dohc zc half shaft (good luck an isk if it needs to be auto) and get 90-93 tegy axles. or 2 take 2 90-93 or 94-00 passenger inner cups and but tem on deseries axles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
two options then. 1 find a dohc zc half shaft (good luck an isk if it needs to be auto) and get 90-93 tegy axles. or 2 take 2 90-93 or 94-00 passenger inner cups and but tem on deseries axles.
yea i jus got b series boots and im gonna try and make them fit wit the single axles

thanks

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
the axles i have are too small, they go in but dont lock in and dont catch the teeth and when tranny fluid is put in it pours out
I miss read your post then. You just need to do the opposite then and get a b-series inner for your axles. Sorry for the mix-up

·
Registered
19 Posts
ya thats what needs to be done, make your own axles, its super easy. inner teg hubs, attached to civic shaft = working axle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya thats what needs to be done, make your own axles, its super easy. inner teg hubs, attached to civic shaft = working axle
i did the passanger side and its all good but the long axle on the driver side dosnt work cus the inner dosnt fit on it do u know if i need a certain combo wit years or anything?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts