Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the setup right now in the car, but not running yet due to clearance issues. DOHC ZC in my 96 Civic. Issues I am currently having is I can't use the Y8 or ZC power steering pump unless I modify my current power steering hoses which I am not real keen on.
I put the JRSC on the motor than dropped it in the car, now I see that the pulley doesn't clear the strut tower.

As this project goes on, I am loosing motivation on this and here in Minnesota its still quite chilly so it doesn't make this easy, My question is, should I contune trying to get this to work, or spend the money and buy a Y8 JRSC manifold from Jackson and bolt the JRSC onto the Y8 and sell the ZC, or will I be better off with the ZC?

Please assist Thanks guys.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
I'd suggest the Y8 route, since they had D16Y8 dyno graphs on the JRSC site, meaning it worked. If it looks like the pulley would clear if it was moved forward, it should work with the Y8. The DOHC ZC puts the flange back farther, not to mention the adapter moves it back even more. Otherwise bang the hell out of the shock tower, as long as it doesn't interfere with the UCA mounts.

As for the PS, the Y8 route would obviously work, but I'd highly suggest removing & recirculating the PS (unless you've broken an arm or can't lift 20lbs).

·
Registered
110 Posts
i was going to go this route with my car for awhile, but have recently been collecting parts for a supercharged mini-me setup.
good luck! let us know what happens!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This supercharger was for the ZC, no adapter plate was nessicary, the manifold bolts right up to the head.

I think I am just going to order the Y8 intake manifold from Jackson Racing (Moss motors) and run that route. I think at this point, I am going to just reinstall the Y8 motor, get it running again, and than install the JRSC. Looking at the parts lists between the 2 motors, it seems like alot of the parts are the same, Does anyone know vital things I will need from JR to put the SC On the Y8?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And in regards to the power steering, I do quite a bit of city driving, and the power steering is really nice, yes I could get by with out it, but, I enjoy the few luxurious items my 96 Civic gives me :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts