Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

i have a Dohc ZC and just replaced my TPS, but im trying to set my idle it idles a lil rough. when i disconnect the eacv and adjust the screw, i have to adjust it all the way out for it to idle on spec 650-700, is this correct or am i doing it incorrectly?

your advice will be appreciated!!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
When is the last time you adjusted anything else on the car?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well i changed my alternator recently and also yesterday after posting this forum went to look at my spark plugs and discovered (for the first time ever) 1 plug with a cracked porcelain. so far after replacing spark plugs it idles fine, but now after warm up when i slam WOT it has a slight hesitation as i have to take my foot off the gas a lil and then slam again than it seems fine, is it possibly too much air perhaps??

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
People are way to quick to adjust the idle screw. That should be a last resort adjustment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Yabloko thanks for the advice but i noticed today on my way to work once again my car would hesitate on WOT, but if i give it half throttle, it goes smooth, i do not think its the idle screw as it idles fine.

@Lowflyin, i agree man, what do you think may be the problem where should i start looking???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TPS was replaced a few days ago, will check fuel pressure regulator later today. wouldn't vacuum leak cause a improper idle??

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Did you do a proper TPS calibration? Check for any dead spots in the range of the TPS? Clean and adjust the IACV/FITV?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will clean the iacv but i do not have a fitv though. how should i adjust the iacv, with the IDLE SCREW?

one more thing, will a bad battery cause this hesitation too as i noticed when i turn on my indicator left or right, my rpm gauge flickers too??

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Bad battery can cause a lot of odd things. Charge and test the battery. Then test your charging system. You don't adjust the IACV but checking/setting base idle might be a good idea

·
Registered
178 Posts
you never gave an answer if throttle position sensor was calibrated. it was replaced for sure, but did you followed fsm procedure for CALIBRATING its output?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK so i tested the TPS calibration and its 0.4-0.5v closed throttle and 4.5v fully opened throttle no dead spots. will take the car in for battery and Alternator testing at the battery center shop, they do it for free. what else can i check for in terms of hesitation on accelerating? replaced Fuel Filter 2 months ago, replaced spark plugs a week ago.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
in addition, i took out the fuel injectors for inspection and tried cleaning them out and on one of the injectors i noticed the plastic cover piece around the spray nozzle (dark brown in colour) was cracked, would that make a difference to the performance?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK so seems like my hesitation problem has got to do with not enough voltage going to all the electronics of the my car. today on my way to work i noticed a lil bit of smoke coming from under the steering wheel where the fuse box is car than switched off, pulled over and i realised my ignition wire has been short-circuiting this whole time as when i touch it it burned like hell and the ignition system would go on and off when playing with the wire, Auto electrician is on thee way right now to repair. will let you know the power of DOHC ZC later. Thats also the cause of my indicator lights letting my RPM Gauge dance when ever its turned on

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
to confirm that was the problem, reset my idle according the manual and she drives like a bad ass, thanks to all for the replies and assistance.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
It just means your injectors are very old and you should either get them cleaned and rebuilt or spend the money on modern injectors and tune the car for them.
I wouldn't go as far as replacing them, just to replace them with something modern.

Injectors really aren't wear items. As long as they are clean and in good condition, they'll be fine for a stock-to-mild engine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts