Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anybody know who makes a good port matched header for the dohc zc???
The ports are miss aligned by aprox 8mm.

The only ones I have found are obx ss style header and still not sure on if they are correct on the title or like all the others that say fit all d series engines sohc and dohc 88-00 with is B.S.

Any info would be awesome thanks

(eddcartes: ediited your post. if you read the rules you will know why. please take your time and read them.)

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
You should delete your comment about the lower covers.. there is a fs/wtb forum but u need to meet the credentials first...

Zc aftermarket support is very limited.

I'm assuming your talking about the exhaust manifold?. All the sohc d headers bolt right up...and the 8mm difference is quiet an exaggeration. 20-30 minutes with a dremel and you'll be fine.

OEM manifolds are still floating around. But they are few and far between.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but I don't want to grind away at a header... yes it will be fine I have done it before and built lots of d series engines. I have lots of Oem zc header style manifolds. But I was wanting one which needed no fabricating at all. 8mm is the exact off set of the zc sport header flange on the zc dohc ports.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
You can grind away at a DC header to port match, or you can use a stock DOHC ZC manifold/pipe which flow good for a factory header but just doesn't look pretty.

Or have someone custom make you one for $$$.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you don’t mind buying used and up for some hunting, you can find used ZC headers from the Euro and JDM markets floating around sometimes. I managed to pick up one made by RS*R a little while ago.

As far as I know there are no current big volume sales header makers still building them, your best bet if you really don’t want to port out a regular D16 header is to have one custom made, but I assume it will be expensive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did the zc dohc "euro" come with a stock steel tube header (not cast)... ?

If so where could I get one and does anyone have any pictures

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
You should delete your comment about the lower covers.. there is a fs/wtb forum but u need to meet the credentials first...

Zc aftermarket support is very limited.

I'm assuming your talking about the exhaust manifold?. All the sohc d headers bolt right up...and the 8mm difference is quiet an exaggeration. 20-30 minutes with a dremel and you'll be fine.

OEM manifolds are still floating around. But they are few and far between.
Wait are you say SOHC D d series Exahust manifold will bolt to dual overhead ZC?....If so that is kind of a cool thought.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Wait are you say SOHC D d series Exahust manifold will bolt to dual overhead ZC?....If so that is kind of a cool thought.
Bolts up fine but the ports are off and need a little TLC with a grinder/dremel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope it is 8mm... Anyways don't need people telling me it can't be or shouldn't be ... It is and I wanted to know what header will fit I have found one thanks guys

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
There is a Real NICE OBX R ZC Header on Ebay like 200 bucks buy now

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Nope it is 8mm... Anyways don't need people telling me it can't be or shouldn't be ... It is and I wanted to know what header will fit I have found one thanks guys
I don't believe you. *shrugs*

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't understand why you are so adamant on having a header specifically designed for a ZC/d16a9/d16a8, when an SOHC with some very mild modification will do exactly the same job, with very little/no deduction in performance.

SOHC mainfolds are in abundance and on the most part are relatively cheap.

Any reason why you dont want to mod an SOHC manifold?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1# tech at the track I race at...
2# I'm picky
3# performance is a must
4# can't a guy just get a straight answer with out people questioning you're choices...

BTW --- Acid beaver I don't care what you think or what you believe.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
First 3 are all understandable valid points.

However #4...this is the first report of such a large offset that I've heard of ...pretty sure as well for a lot of other people...

So with that said...its gonna be pretty tough to get a straight answer... just post up a couple pics so.we can see what your talking about.

I personally have hogged out 3 different steel tube manifolds ( sohc) and the offset was not as dramatic as your talking about...ya the cast HF manifold required more finesse ...but still workable

1 - 20 of 21 Posts