Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
the honda
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nippon motors out of CA has a dohc zc and transmission combo for 850 dollars. Im thinking of grabbing one for a turbo build using the go autoworks street kit. My question is has anyone had any experience with Nippon? Also turbo information on these motors are kind of hard to find. the zcr has ok information but the site seems to be dead.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
The zcr could use some more support....but there is a plethora of great info there. What kinda of info are onlooking for?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
33 Posts
My DOHC ZC has been boosted for over a year. Ran stock internals up until a few months ago. Built the bottom end for peace of mind and of course more boost.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I may know a little...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
My ZC was purchased from Nippon in 1999. I had no issues.

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE INTERMEDIATE SHAFT! THAT IS OF VITAL IMPORTANCE!
Or I can assist with that :)

I will not be putting ZC axles and shaft on the CRX when I install the Custom Geared tranny.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think you should also check out Honda ZC dohc at bestjapaneseengines.com

They have their own head office in Osaka and their engine is complete with alternator, AC compressor etc.

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic STD
197 Posts
I can't remember if it was on the zcr or here on d-series, but there was a dyno chart of a boosted dohc zc that made more tq than hp. They are a very impresive motor. And if you could ever find some mugen internals...official baller status.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts