Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
short version:
Can I use the DOHC ZC exhaust manifold and down pipe on a DOHC ZC in my EF with the existing stock exhaust?

More importantly, jf not, why not?

long version:
I have a 90 FWD 5sp wagon. Still completely stock 250000 mile DPFI D15B2.

I picked up a DOHC ZC to swap in.

After 2 hours searching and reading threads, I still have a question.

My DOHC ZC came with the exhaust manifold and down pipe.

I've read multiple threads about using a header or using the DOHC ZC upper exhaust manifold with a later model down pipe.

What I never did figure out...

Can I use the DOHC ZC exhaust manifold and down pipe on a DOHC ZC in my EF with the existing stock exhaust?

More importantly, jf not, why not?

I'm trying to have everything on hand for a weekend swap so my other car does not have to spend too many nights outside.

I believe I have a handle on the other pieces of the swap - DPFI to MPFI conversion, fuel line, throttle cable, injector resistor, radiator hose, DOHC ZC parts lists, etc. These are well covered in multiple places but I missed the exhaust manifold thing somehow.

Thanks.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Did you check to see if the ports even lined up or not?

Last I checked they didn't, DOHC ports don't match perfectly and need to be matched on the manifold side.

This pic is using a SOHC head on a DOHC ZC but still the ports don't match.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Did you check to see if the ports even lined up or not?

Last I checked they didn't, DOHC ports don't match perfectly and need to be matched on the manifold side.

This pic is using a SOHC head on a DOHC ZC but still the ports don't match.
he doesn't have that problem - he said he has a DOHC ZC exhaust manifold and DOHC ZC downpipe on his DOHC ZC engine and just wanted to know if the downpipe would mate to the stock exhaust at that point - it will

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
a DOCH ZC powered manual wagovan

yummy.

have fun. an SI or EX transmission SHOULD be in your future. the d15b2 tranny is going to choke down the power of that DOHC, and while far more fun than the d15b2, you will still have a feeling of WTF WHERES MY DAMN POWER

1 - 7 of 7 Posts