B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Looks like mine.

·
Premium Member
89 CRX Si
1,041 Posts
check the play in the bearing in the housing...if it's good, clean her up and go. I'm assuming the ignitor and coil check out ok...?

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
car runs but wont take gas now at all. idle is a little choppy and it pops a lil bit.

the code 8 didnt come until after the rebuild.
gonna quadrupil check the timing
firing order is correct.

also i havent tried yet but if it matter can the cam sensor be installed 180 off? even before the rebuild it had code 9. i hear that those cam sensors very rarely go out

got a text on how to check the ignitor?
Coil I assume is fine since it starts the car. Ill ohm it though if i can get the screws out lol

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
hmmmm...im gonna go out on a whim an say your timing is off. cuz those cam marks look like they line up spot on. and iirc correctly the exhaust cam line should sit lower than the intake.
imma go on a search mission......ill be back....

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Use the dowel pin method with the holes in the front caps and the cams to locate the cams. If the dowels are right, the marks don't matter.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
I think 5mm is correct I just use drill bits shank end in.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
thanks man that clear out code 8 :)

but still code 9 so i guess the cam sensor is bad
You can test the cam sensor (cylinder sensor), by testing resistance between terminals on sensor. Anything over 1000ohms (or I guess 995ohms), it's bad but I personally have never seen a bad one. You will get a code 9 for timing being off also, or 33% of the time bad wiring. In the picture of the cam gears it looks like it is correct timing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.