Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to build my dohc zc. my major concern is if the egal h-beam rods that are ment for d series motors will also fit the zc motors. i have been told that they are very similar. but i just wanted to make sure before i oredored them. so if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The stroke and block hieght on the d16a1 are the same as the zc this I am sure of!!!
as far as rods for a A6 I'm not sure if those are the same or not... the d16a1 is the closest thing in america to the zc so it just makes sense to order them for the d16a1

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was told to get rods for a a6 since thats what is similar if not identical to our lower end. They all match up in terms of the store and height so any d16 rods will do. D15s however have a shorter stroke and the rods will be too short.

·
Registered
424 Posts
When I rebuilt my DOHC ZC I bought Eagle rods for it. All the bearings and gaskets for the bottom end(block) are the same as the D16a6. Everything I bought for the head(including the head gasket) were for a D16a1 Integra motor. All of the 1.6 D Series motor use the same rods. The pistons are the problem. If you use aftermarket rods you will need to use aftermarket pistons because stock rods and pistons use a pressed in wrist pin. The aftermarket(including Eagle) use a floating pin with C clips. What pistons are you going to use??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sikocivic said:
When I rebuilt my DOHC ZC I bought Eagle rods for it. All the bearings and gaskets for the bottom end(block) are the same as the D16a6. Everything I bought for the head(including the head gasket) were for a D16a1 Integra motor. All of the 1.6 D Series motor use the same rods. The pistons are the problem. If you use aftermarket rods you will need to use aftermarket pistons because stock rods and pistons use a pressed in wrist pin. The aftermarket(including Eagle) use a floating pin with C clips. What pistons are you going to use??

no you do not need aftermarket pistons , you get teflon buttons that fit into the end of the wrist pin these then slide in and out freely touching the bore and sliding back in. I have them in my race zc which has scat rods and nippon pistons , most guys over here prefer the buttons over circlips to retain the pin since circlips can have a tendency to skip out of the groove and munch your engine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you get teflon buttons that fit into the end of the wrist pin these then slide in and out freely touching the bore and sliding back in. I have them in my race zc .[/QUOTE said:
i am planning to use forged pistons, not sure what kind yet, though i have heard many good things about the nippon pistons. where can i find the teflon buttons that you are talking about?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts