Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey homies. I'm new here, so real quick, hi I'm Christian from Kelowna BC. I'm building an EJ coupe for boost, I was going to run the a6/y8 set up and boost that, but I got wondering about ZC engines. I've bought a kit from a buddy that was run in his ej on his a6/y8 set up, and basically I was wondering if I were to build a ZC, my kit should be compatible? If anyone has anything I'm not understanding please let me know! Just learning my hondas with this build! (Couple pics of my kit and shell for fun!)
Cheers guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Everything will bolt up fine, you might have to port your turbo mani to match the ports on the ZC exhaust as they aren't exactly the same as the SOHC.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
How weird is it that the first thing you told us about yourself is your religion? So weird... (Giving you an extra hard time because you are local to me ;) )

Anyways I would avoid anything DOHC ZC because of how hard it is to find replacement parts. If you really want two cams run a B series or K series.

·
Registered
88 CRX HF
8 Posts
Dohc d16a8 3rd gen (edm zc) I've got it torn down already was wondering what pistons and rods to run 8-10psi I have parts from a 1g talon Blue top 450cc injectors fuel pump intercooler blown td04 turbo also have chipped p28 out of my H22a prelude. (If retuning for turbo I can get rid of vtec right cuz I don't have it? would also like to know what distributor to run if I want to have the msd coil

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
Holy thread-jack batman. Firstly the stock dohc zc can probably handle the 8-10psi from some tdo4 you want to run. 2nd off i personally run stock coils/dizzy.

·
Registered
88 CRX HF
8 Posts
Holy thread-jack batman. Firstly the stock dohc zc can probably handle the 8-10psi from some tdo4 you want to run. 2nd off i personally run stock coils/dizzy.
I'll rebuild the tdo4 then and start accumulating parts. fallow the build @hondaracer93 on instagram #backyardcustoms

1 - 10 of 10 Posts