Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic Si
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I did some searching last night and could not find a good how to on swapping the integra inner joints onto the passenger side Civic/CRX Si axles. Does anyone have a good write up? This is ultimately looking like it will be the determining factor for whether or not I will go the DOHC ZC route...

Thanks!

Brian

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Clip the strap, pull the joint, install the joint, zip tie the boot? Just make sure there isn't too much slop or you'll have to play around with the bearings. Maybe. It has been so long since I read about this (I just got a set of JDM axles with my ZC tranny . . . so I never had to figure stuff out. LOL)

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic Si
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have been looking around and cannot find a DOHC ZC with axles. Hmotorsonline sells them as extras and wants more money. With tranny and axles, the DOHC ZC costs around $1400 from hmotors.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
Good reason to put an MFactory Torsen LSD in there and run normal axles, maybe change up the FD and 5th gear as well.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Good reason to put an MFactory Torsen LSD in there and run normal axles, maybe change up the FD and 5th gear as well.
lol bone at is finest but i want to run to short shaft now what?

·
Registered
ED6&7. EE4&5, MB1
200 Posts
lol bone at is finest but i want to run to short shaft now what?
Take one pair of "ZC" axles from shelf and install. ;)
Little bit different in EU, where "ZC" are dime a dozen.
Also the reason why I'll install "ZC" diff in a S20 transmission as well.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
Can't get them reasonably here in USA, plus if you break one, not going to 24 hr Autozone on Saturday night to get a replacement.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Building hybrid axles is super simple and instructions are in the Helms. If you don't have one, have an axle shop build them for you.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Take one pair of "ZC" axles from shelf and install. ;)
Little bit different in EU, where "ZC" are dime a dozen.
Also the reason why I'll install "ZC" diff in a S20 transmission as well.
well then sir i will like to order two sets of axles please. i'm willing to buy.
Can't get them reasonably here in USA, plus if you break one, not going to 24 hr Autozone on Saturday night to get a replacement.
thats why you buy/make an extra set.
Building hybrid axles is super simple and instructions are in the Helms. If you don't have one, have an axle shop build them for you.
but chris please enlighten us in what goes with what to make them.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
I'm answering the OP. Take both axles apart (preferably new axles) swap the inner cup over, use a new axle band. The best route to go is to just have Raxles or DSS build a set for you, so they are the correct length and customized (if you want) for your power and intended use.

·
Registered
114 Posts
FWIW, this past summer I had to change a right side axle in my '91 hatch (which has a ZC LSD transmission). I had assembled a hybrid ED axle + integra inner joint back in about 2001. The inner cup finally wore out, had tons of play and looked like it was on the verge of breaking. I ended up installing a *New* Napa right side DA axle. Be sure to pull the dust ring out of your knuckle or the Integra outer joint will bind on it. YMMV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts