Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my last rex was wrecked by my ex as some of you know, this thread will be the motors second chance in a CRX. I picked up my current rex for a great price. It is a 90 dx with 96k converted to mpfi, si trans, after market sunrook, si seats and nice dual headunit. I have had it for almost a month. I swapped the hood, my si seats, and of course the Zc with some help from the beave.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far havent done much just chasing gremlins ie oil leaks and dying alternator. My plans for her go as such swap my gc coilovers and si rear swaybar. And all the while im saving up for the last few parts to complete my turbo kit. I have an hf manifold, garret t25, side mount intercooler. My goals are to make it a quick DD/ 02 v6 mustang killer(that was my first car i hated it so bad) Im dream for a nice fat torque curve early on the power band. Any comments or opinions?

·
Registered
93' lx
207 Posts
Sounds like it would be a fun setup. Only suggestion I would have is gasket match the head and port the intake, and of course a good tune. You should kill an 02 v6 stang with I/H/E. Cuase I rape them off the line with my all season tires, and slowly pull them.

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like it would be a fun setup. Only suggestion I would have is gasket match the head and port the intake, and of course a good tune. You should kill an 02 v6 stang with I/H/E. Cuase I rape them off the line with my all season tires, and slowly pull them.
Im currently running a base map that The aid beacer made for me. I have a spare manifold any tips on porting it?

·
Registered
113 Posts
So far havent done much just chasing gremlins ie oil leaks and dying alternator. My plans for her go as such swap my gc coilovers and si rear swaybar. And all the while im saving up for the last few parts to complete my turbo kit. I have an hf manifold, garret t25, side mount intercooler. My goals are to make it a quick DD/ 02 v6 mustang killer(that was my first car i hated it so bad) Im dream for a nice fat torque curve early on the power band. Any comments or opinions?
Looks good, I like the color. All kinds of teal win in your pics :D

If a V6 mustang (and an '02 at that) is your goal, a turbo shouldn't be necessary. For the V8 boys, you might need more than a T25 if the car has been modded...

If my first car was a stock, or close to stock V6 Mustang, I'd probably hate 'em too, lol. Pretty anemic to say the least, but usually very reliable.

How was your old car totalled, like where hit (i should search for your thread about your totalled car, I guess) for you to have been able to reuse all the suspension parts and hood, etc?

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
New V6 mustangs are pretty effing quick. I prefer them to the V8s. (I prefer V6s in general.)

The bin in his ECU is just a cleaned up and modded version of the EDM PM7 maps. Stock redline at 7800RPM, but a lower cold rev limit. It runs a crapton better than a PG7 or PM6, IMO. I'm looking forward to actually getting the thing tuned.

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good, I like the color. All kinds of teal win in your pics :D

If a V6 mustang (and an '02 at that) is your goal, a turbo shouldn't be necessary. For the V8 boys, you might need more than a T25 if the car has been modded...

If my first car was a stock, or close to stock V6 Mustang, I'd probably hate 'em too, lol. Pretty anemic to say the least, but usually very reliable.

How was your old car totalled, like where hit (i should search for your thread about your totalled car, I guess) for you to have been able to reuse all the suspension parts and hood, etc?
It was hit on both sides twice on the driver and once on the passenger side my old build thread has pics of it.

No real updates. I am having a problem with the lights dimming in rpms less than 1000. I have swapped the alternator with a new one but the problem is still there. I checked the thermostat ground and it wont tighten. So I am thinking it maybe that... Any ideas?

What I had done today was put so HIDs on I got from a member on here and found out my nozzles are cloggled so im not sure which ones to get, Oem CRX, FIT OR RSX. Any other ones that I can use to be considered an upgrade?

Also went to Honda Dealer around here Almost as cheap as Majestic, I picked up S2000 oil filter and an Distributor O-ring. After that I headed to Advanced Auto Parts picked up a gallon of Rotella 10w30(thanks for the idea, Danz!) and a few other things Employee discount FTW!

·
Premium Member
CRX Si
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well time I post have been dealing with a few things in my life

well i have been fighting of the small things like the oil leak, timing, unclogging my wiper nozzles and tune up

And saying goodbye to rexie...
it broke my heart i still miss the hunk of junk

but she still lives on in this one

IMG_20130204_100500.jpg Photo by medinabard | Photobucket

And while at work A guy showed me his old race car it has no front brakes

1 - 20 of 51 Posts